Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

At what age do you take out the baby monitor?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 43 Replies

At what age do you take out the baby monitor? My daughter is 9 months old right now, and with us having another one on the way I was just curious.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I still have one for my 14 month old twins. I don't have a set time of when I'll take it out but I would think around 3. For me it depends on how they sleep through the night and when they potty train.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I never used one.

CheesyKitty
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I stopped using it at night when sge moved to a toddler bed. However I'll keep it in their room until 5 or so as my ears when they are playing alone.
mrjjmt
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I never used one.

lenashark
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Right now her bassinet is next to our bed, so we don't need one, though we do use it when we move the bassinet into the attached nursery when we need privacy. When we move her into the nursery permanently and then into her own room, we'll probably use it until she is about 18 months-two, whenever she isn't in a crib and can safely get around on her own at night.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I used a video monitor until they broke it at around 3 years old. It was most helpful when I was transitioning them to toddler beds because I could see if they were getting out of bed and tell them to go back without going into the room. It was fun seeing the puzzled expression on their faces lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs-jt
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
We are still using and haven't really made a plan as to when we would stop using it. I'm guessing like some of the other ladies said once they are in a toddler bed and do well at night..three-ish??
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

We had one for a bit with my oldest and it broke. We then just started to use our phone when we were outside. If we are in the house we never used one.

momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
We don't use one right now because our oldest daughter is right across the hall from us literally 2 steps away from our door. And our youngest sleeps in our room. But once we move, I will be putting a monitor in both of their rooms. They are 5 and 2 now.
ashybaby87
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I actually never used one until now. I do product reviews on my web site and got this cool one from Lorex in (camera type monitor) to check out and I put it in my 5 year olds room just to play around with it. Well she actually likes it in there and likes to go in front of it and wave and stuff like that so I just left it set up. It also comes in handy on nights when she plays and tries to sneak out of bed instead of going to sleep lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)