Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Friendly Debate: Brand Names VS non brand names

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 128 Replies

What are some baby items that you only want from a certain brand?

Are there some things you will use in any brand?

What are you favorite brands?

Do you buy used things for baby?

This includes clothes, diapers, car seats, bathing products etc

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

wreathsleighhappy holidays

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very picky about brand!

I don't buy anything used for my kids.

For my girls, their clothes are Gymboree, Matilda Jane, Njaartjie, Roxy etc.
For my son, I only buy Gymboree, Volcom, GAP Quicksilver etc.
I will buy playclothes from Old Navy or Children's Place, but they would never wear those to school lol.

Car seats, I will use Britax - with the exception of my newborns - they use the First Years True Fit :)

KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I have bought used clothes for sure! I'm not too picky, but when I buy clothes I buy Carter's brand because they are good quality, I can find them on sale, and I like that I know what size they will be (what I mean is that a 12 month in one brand is different from a 12 month in another brand). Plus their clothes are adorable and you can find them anywhere!
kysmama08
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I always use the White Cloud diapers. I have never had any problems with them! I like Old Navy, Gymboree, The Children's Place, Vitamins and Carter's for clothes!

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I am not picky about brands for the most part.  I buy Target diapers (2 kids and no problems with them) and a lot of Target clothes (although it's not branded as Target, usually circo).  Many of our clothes have been hand-me-downs from other family members so the brands vary.  When it comes to durable goods, I like to buy brands that will last and are safe.  We have Britax car seats and City select stroller.  The nicer items have good resell, as I recently sold our old BOB stroller for $200.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kysmama08:

I always use the White Cloud diapers. I have never had any problems with them! I like Old Navy, Gymboree, The Children's Place, Vitamins and Carter's for clothes!

One of my best friend's swears by white cloud diapers!!! I like the same places for clothes as well except for Vitamins never heard of them.

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Quoting KarenM42: I have bought used clothes for sure! I'm not too picky, but when I buy clothes I buy Carter's brand because they are good quality, I can find them on sale, and I like that I know what size they will be (what I mean is that a 12 month in one brand is different from a 12 month in another brand). Plus their clothes are adorable and you can find them anywhere!

I love Carter's too!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting storkradio193:

I am not picky about brands for the most part.  I buy Target diapers (2 kids and no problems with them) and a lot of Target clothes (although it's not branded as Target, usually circo).  Many of our clothes have been hand-me-downs from other family members so the brands vary.  When it comes to durable goods, I like to buy brands that will last and are safe.  We have Britax car seats and City select stroller.  The nicer items have good resell, as I recently sold our old BOB stroller for $200.

I love Target clothes too. Awesome (on selling your stroller)

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
The only thing I'm picky about is diapers (cloth-Sunbaby/disposable-Kirkland/Huggies) and diaper cream Desitin Max strength.

I am having my fourth son and had gotten rid of everything newborn to 18 months a month before I got pregnant so I bought second hand. My kids aren't too good for hand me downs/used clothes.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

What are some baby items that you only want from a certain brand?

Are there some things you will use in any brand?

What are you favorite brands?

Do you buy used things for baby?

This includes clothes, diapers, car seats, bathing products etc

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Pretty much all of my children's clothes are used and I don't care about the brand name. I care that it's comfortable and in good condition.
Things like strollers, crib, & car seats I originally purchased new but it's been re-used for each child so technically that's now "used" stuff too LOL.
About the only thing I'm strictly name brand about is diapers and the only thing I'd never accept used from someone else is car seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not picky, so I usually look for the best price that does the job. I think the only thing I won't get used is a car seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)