Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

14 month old humping EVERYTHING!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son started doing this right before he turned a year old and at first it started out as him just humping the floor or his mattress. Almost like a soothing-routine to get all snuggled in before he went to sleep. It slowly escalated to humping his blanket, a soft toy, stuffed animal, etc..... he's 14 months old now...

Earlier today, to my horror, I walked in on him laying ontop of my daughter, 3 years old, and humping her...... They both have absolutely no history of being sexually abused. My daughter has walked in on my husband and I a couple times, both times, fortunately, we were under the covers. My husband and I are both dumbfounded and don't understand where this behavior is coming from. I understand that maybe it just feels good to them, period. I know children this young don't understand sexuality or anything but I just don't know how to go about this. I don't want him (or her) to feel ashamed to "explore" their parts. 

Any one else experience this behavior in a child SO young?! I'm so disturbed!! @_@

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

You're probably making it a lot more sexual then it is. Baby's bounce around and do all sorts of weird looking stuff.

Elizabeth1131
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is doing this as well. She is 14 months too and had started at around a year. She only does it when she is going to sleep though. I think its just a phase and will pass.... hopefully!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I have 2 son's and they never did this. It just may be the way he moves around and plays. I'm sure it's just a phase.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Its normal. Hes probably bouncing not humping. My son loves to bounce on me but it does look like humping. 

Its also very normal at that age to be entering psycho-sexual development. 

abra
by Abra on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
yeah, none of my kids did that either, but I have friends whose kids went through a stage like that.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I have 2 son's and they never did this. It just may be the way he moves around and plays. I'm sure it's just a phase.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)