Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

have you "lied" to your doctor?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am due in a week and miserable. For the last 3ish weeks I have been contracting quite a bit but not dilated at all. I am so uncomfortable and in pain. I really don't think I can go on much longer. I'm the type of person who says suck it up it will be over soon and the strong kind who don't complain but I can't do this anymore. And my doctor doesnt say much when i do say that im unconfortable do i need to step it up? If so how? My 3 other toddlers are getting the brunt of my misery and I feel so bad.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Step it up how? You can't really lie about contracting, they'll know you aren't when they hook you up to the monitors.

I'm sorry, the end really really sucks, but it really is almost over!!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Don't worry, baby will be here soon!

LilliesValley
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Sigh
mylilprincesses
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM
How do you know your contracting? Alot of Braxton Hicks are confused with being contractions. The end is rough...always seems like time slows down. Just be patient. It will happen. Good luck mama. :)
christina122952
by pinupqueen on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
No
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Sorry momma, but you'll have to hang in there. Not much you can do. Nothing safe anyway.
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

You are almost there, I would definitely though tell doctor about how uncomfortable I am!

Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Have you tried drinking water and hiring a sitter so you can lay on your side?  They won't induce for just contractions, you would have to have high blood pressure or your water breaking or something.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM
This. They will see on the monitors. Hang in there.

Quoting smorgan865: Step it up how? You can't really lie about contracting, they'll know you aren't when they hook you up to the monitors.

I'm sorry, the end really really sucks, but it really is almost over!!
marleasmommy91
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM

It's only one more week! Hang in there! I know your pain, I couldn't do anything without hurting and I had contractions all the time 18 weeks plus. You can try to walk, jump up & down, drive over speed bumps, etc. Maybe one of those will speed it up for you, but usually you just have to wait. =/

I hope your little one comes soon hun!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)