Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cluster feeding :(

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 28 Replies

My son will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and the past 2 nights he has been up every 45 minutes to an hour wanting to eat. I know its probably just a growth spurt but I am exhausted! I know I should go to bed early but its hard for me to fall asleep before like 11 pm. Hes lucky hes cute :)

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToniTennille
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Awww he sure is cute! It will get easier Mama!

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I hated when they did that, but I was lucky mine hit her spurt for a 12 hour stretch over a day.  It passes!

marissabrookee
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I have a feeling its gonna be the same way tonight... he has been sleeping SO much today and I know as soon as I try to fall asleep in a couple hours he's gonna want the boob all night.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I hated when they did that, but I was lucky mine hit her spurt for a 12 hour stretch over a day.  It passes!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
What I did was lay down in my bed with my youngest beside me to nurse him cause it was relaxing especially when i was super exhausted. He would fall asleep when he was done and I would either leave him there or move him to the bassinet beside the bed. You will figure out what works best for you and it will get easier.
marissabrookee
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Yeah we started co-sleeping last night and it seemed to work. I may try it again tonight to see if it makes a difference. He loves sleeping on my chest too.

Quoting expectantmom81: What I did was lay down in my bed with my youngest beside me to nurse him cause it was relaxing especially when i was super exhausted. He would fall asleep when he was done and I would either leave him there or move him to the bassinet beside the bed. You will figure out what works best for you and it will get easier.

darciegenito
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Adorable little boy you've got there!  I have a 2 1/2 month and so I know what you mean about cluster feeding.  She's going through growth spurts though but they are winding down luckily.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
It's exhausting but doesn't last forever.
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Cluster feeding is hard! Hang in there momma!
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
One of the reasonsi co slept. I learned to nurse while laying down. Eventually I slept through his night time nursings.
LilTymomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM

He's adorable!! But thats completely normal and most importantly you'll forget about it whne he gets older big smile mini. All I can say is if your not breasfeeding to have his bottles ready to go. Take a nap during the day time when he does if you can. Can hubby help with one of his midnight feedings? if you breastfeed you can pump some milk before you go to bed. Having everything on hand helped me a lot. We did not co-sleep but he was right next to me. AND I had diapers, wipes burp clothes and everyhting ready when he got up. They told us in the hospital what to expect. So eventually he'll sleep an hour to 2 hours more and so on. Good LUCK!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN