Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

diaper rash already?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
My baby is 6 days old. I noticed this morning while changing his diaper he has cracks in the creases. Like where his legs meet his crotch area. Is this just from peeling skin or actual diaper rash? What kind of diaper rash cream is the best?

Its not anywhere but the creases. I clean him good during every diaper change.

Tips, advice, suggestions....anything is appreciated.

This is my 2nd child but they are 7 yrs apart. I've pretty much forgotten everything I learned the first time
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Skin could be very dry and cracking. You can try using some A&D ointment on it (they probably gave it to you if he was circ'd). It's great for healing skin anywhere on the body as well as treating diaper rash.

Is it red or bumpy at all?

kdgord
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM
It sounds more like dry skin to me but could be more of a rash caused by the skin staying damp in the creases. We like using coconut oil for rashes and dry skin.
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Yes i would use a&d ointment, and use it as a preventative at every change! Worked for all my kids and they never had diaper rashes;-)

brandie1470
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM
No bumps anywhere just red where it is cracked. I have the a&d. Should I rub that on it after every change?

Quoting smorgan865:

Skin could be very dry and cracking. You can try using some A&D ointment on it (they probably gave it to you if he was circ'd). It's great for healing skin anywhere on the body as well as treating diaper rash.

smorgan865
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Yeah, every few hours should be fine. It should clear up within a day or so (or at least look MUCH better).

Quoting brandie1470: No bumps anywhere just red where it is cracked. I have the a&d. Should I rub that on it after every change?

Quoting smorgan865:

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It may just be dry skin or it could be diaper rash.  Either way, coconut oil is the best thing you could put on it.

steph0420
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Vaseline

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like dry skin. We use coconut oil.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I was thinking the same.
Quoting la_bella_vita:

Sounds like dry skin. We use coconut oil.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

TurtleMami
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Try changing diaper brands or sizes. Maybe he's too big for Newborn size.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)