Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby is almost one, barely eats anything.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 27 Replies
Ds is 11 months old and eats very little food. He is still very attached to formula. Very soon I need to switch him to some sort of milk but I don't know what to do. He is allergic to dairy for sure but soy milk and almond milk seem to upset his tummy too. I just mixed it with oatmeal when I tried both and he went from sleeping 6 hours straight to waking every hour and screaming. Does he need to adjust or should I try something else?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Bump!
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM
My one year eats some solids. But we are still nursing is I don't worry.
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I wish my son were still nursing. That would solve a lot of problems.

Quoting Mom2Just1: My one year eats some solids. But we are still nursing is I don't worry.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM

No need for any cow's milk as long as he's getting calcium & fat from other sources. Will he eat yogurt & cheese for you?

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM
He's allergic to all dairy including trace amounts so no. He doesn't like much other than fruits, beans, and crackers. He needs something with the good days but I don't know what. My dd had no problems with almond milk but he seems to.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

No need for any cow's milk as long as he's getting calcium & fat from other sources. Will he eat yogurt & cheese for you?

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Wow. That's really tough. Have you tried rice milk? I think they also make rice milk yogurt. I can't imagine, I'd be lost on what to feed him too :(

Quoting xredstarsx: He's allergic to all dairy including trace amounts so no. He doesn't like much other than fruits, beans, and crackers. He needs something with the good days but I don't know what. My dd had no problems with almond milk but he seems to.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

newmom121812
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM
My son had this problem too except i nurse.i just kept offering him solids (the stuff he likes and anything else.) They don't know that they don't like something so offer everything. My sons favorite food is tomato so i give him spaghetti. He loves raw onion too. My son will be one tomorrow and month ago i was like you worried. Now i offer everything and he has improved alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny3513
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
You know formula is for babies until three right? They also make toddler formula too. No milk is needed now or ever for that matter.
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM

well he is on alimentium and to be perfectly honest I cant afford it. I get wic and then buy one extra can with cast. They are 30 dollars a can. Wic will switch him to cows or soy milk next month. it looks like neither will work which is fine but I need an alterative that wont cost 30 dollars every 4 days. 

Quoting destiny3513: You know formula is for babies until three right? They also make toddler formula too. No milk is needed now or ever for that matter.

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I havent tried rice or coconut but I think those are what I will try next.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Wow. That's really tough. Have you tried rice milk? I think they also make rice milk yogurt. I can't imagine, I'd be lost on what to feed him too :(

Quoting xredstarsx: He's allergic to all dairy including trace amounts so no. He doesn't like much other than fruits, beans, and crackers. He needs something with the good days but I don't know what. My dd had no problems with almond milk but he seems to.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)