Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby Seizures??? :'(

Posted by   + Show Post

I know babies look around a lot constantly because they are curious about the world around them. But my 3 month old son looks around rather strangely. He looks up (Like towards his forhead) and his body starts to shake. My mother advised that it might be a sign of seizures. Has anyone experienced this with their child? He does it quite often and I'm starting to really get worried about it...

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Replies (11-18):
angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Yes I agree with the others. You should take a video and show it to your doctor ASAP. No need to go to the emergency room.
mitty18
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM

any updates on your baby? Did you get to a doctor and show him a video or anythign?

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Yes :) he said that my son has discovered his hands. Laying flat when he brings up his arms he's more aware of the fact that they are there and so he scares himself. He said as he gets used to his body mechanics that hell out grow it. Thanks for checking in to see how my son was doing!'

Quoting mitty18:

any updates on your baby? Did you get to a doctor and show him a video or anythign?

mitty18
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

awe, at least it was not seizures, but thats funny LOL.
And you're welcome. I have a two year old who is epileptic. I hate reading about kids who could be having seizures, its awful

Quoting LilyRuiz213: Yes :) he said that my son has discovered his hands. Laying flat when he brings up his arms he's more aware of the fact that they are there and so he scares himself. He said as he gets used to his body mechanics that hell out grow it. Thanks for checking in to see how my son was doing!'

Quoting mitty18:

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I did smile with relief knowing it wasnt seizures i just felt bad that he was scaring himself. I'm sorry to hear about your little ones condition. I'm sure it must be very scary. My nephew used to have what his doctors called "silent seizures" as a baby and it resembled what my son has been doing so I got very scared. I hope that as time goes on your baby starts to get a little better. :)

Quoting mitty18:

awe, at least it was not seizures, but thats funny LOL.
And you're welcome. I have a two year old who is epileptic. I hate reading about kids who could be having seizures, its awful

Quoting LilyRuiz213: Yes :) he said that my son has discovered his hands. Laying flat when he brings up his arms he's more aware of the fact that they are there and so he scares himself. He said as he gets used to his body mechanics that hell out grow it. Thanks for checking in to see how my son was doing!'

Quoting mitty18:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yay for good update : )

Quoting mitty18:

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

happy new year

Jlm201169
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM

my daughter did that two days after she was born shes three wks old now and is on seizure medicine she was diagnosed with focal/partial seizures by her doctor and the childrens hospital....

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Definitely get him to the doctors.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)