Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friendly Debate: Judgements

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 62 Replies

Do you judge other mom's?

What is something you judge others for?

What is something you have been judged for?

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

wreathsleighhappy holidays

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Though I dont really judge, sometimes I wonder why people do what they do.  I dont let my lo cio, and wonder how some moms can do it without feeling guilty.  I guess if I was going to say I judge anything it would be moms who smoke around their babies.  I dont let anyone smoke near my lo.  I have been judged for being over portective(like leaving to go outside when someone is smoking).  People say I shouldnt worry so much about giving her first foods, keeping a baby monitor on etc. 

charley31
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I used to be a judger.  Then my son was diagnosed with aspergers, ADHD, disruptive behavior disorder, and a tic disorder.  He is 3yr and throws horrific tantrums and people stare at me and most days I could care less.  Other days it breaks my heart.  They see him as just a spoiled brat Im sure.  So no I do not judge.  You never know what tht mom is going through that day.  

TaylorMom814
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I really don't judge other moms. I have learned that every child is different and even though maybe it isn't your thing, it works for others and that's fine. I haven't really felt like my friends or family have judged me but I have gotten some on here for things I have shared, like formula feeding my child.
Nickie76
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I don't judge but I get judged for the amount of kids I have. I'm not on PA all of my kids that are in school all have high honors. I don't get it...
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

No, I don't judge other moms.  I do the best I can as a mom, and I would assume every other mom is doing the same thing.  It's a tough job and finding what is the best and right thing for you and your child can be challenging sometimes.  I don't know if people judge me.  I know I get that stare from some people because I didn't give DS baby cereal.  Everytime I would talk to someone when DS wasn't sleeping well, that would be the first thing out their mouths.  After a few times, I stopped saying he wasn't sleeping through the night and kept that to myself.

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I try not to voice my judgements (that, admittedly, I do form) without first understanding what led to a parenting decision. I also understand what works for some families may be different from how I choose to raise my own kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM
For the most part no, but some things I just can't help it. 1 yr olds gdetting soda in sippys, toddlers swearing like truckers, parents who let their kids do and say whatever and I do mean whatever they want. Yes, I judge that.
As far as me getting judged I know some think I'm to protective and to strict. Oh well.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same as you. I try not to judge but I do wonder why parents make the choices they do. The only thing I judge is smoking around babies and I know people have rolled their eyes before and said I was overreacting when I choose not to allow them around smoking.

Quoting peanuteb:

Though I dont really judge, sometimes I wonder why people do what they do.  I dont let my lo cio, and wonder how some moms can do it without feeling guilty.  I guess if I was going to say I judge anything it would be moms who smoke around their babies.  I dont let anyone smoke near my lo.  I have been judged for being over portective(like leaving to go outside when someone is smoking).  People say I shouldnt worry so much about giving her first foods, keeping a baby monitor on etc. 

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I'm so sorry : (

Quoting charley31:

Honestly, I used to be a judger.  Then my son was diagnosed with aspergers, ADHD, disruptive behavior disorder, and a tic disorder.  He is 3yr and throws horrific tantrums and people stare at me and most days I could care less.  Other days it breaks my heart.  They see him as just a spoiled brat Im sure.  So no I do not judge.  You never know what tht mom is going through that day.  

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Quoting TaylorMom814: I really don't judge other moms. I have learned that every child is different and even though maybe it isn't your thing, it works for others and that's fine. I haven't really felt like my friends or family have judged me but I have gotten some on here for things I have shared, like formula feeding my child.

I agree with your first sentence. Formula is a hot topic on here for some! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)