Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when should i start to worry?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

I might not even need to IDK but My LO Turned 6 months old yesterday and she is Finally sitting unnassisted. For 30-45 seconds But she goes to fall and will not catch herself. 

She does not roll over at all. she gets to her side and just goes back to her back. She still hates her belly and screams until she gets to her back again

she eats like a pig for sure. She eats all sorts of people food(no point in commenting i know many wont do it but I do and my kids are fine) she eats rice, beans, fruits and veggies. 

At what point should I be worried about her not rolling or liking tummy time. She will learn to catch herself i assume since my others did. She regularly says mama and dada but no other words. i have 3 other kids and ive learned that all kids do this at different ages but Ive not had any normal children take this long. My daughter is normal but I believe she has autism and she didnt roll until 10 months or walk until 18 months but she did like her belly and she did sit by this age. 

Like Free stuff? Want to enter to win Everything from Baby stuff to Gift cards? Come check us out! We have frugal ideas, Freeies, sweepstakes, instant win games and more! Even great ways to earn moneyC8lin's Freebie Page 100% Free stuff! Group - CafeMom

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I may be too laid back when it comes to this stuff, but I feel like baby will do things when she is ready. Mine was the same way as far as just falling over from a sitting position. But he eventually learned to get to laying down without falling. Mine rolled over pretty early but is not crawling and he is 10 months old! He has recently started to attempt to crawl & that is good enough far me. I feel like he will do it when he is ready.
graycalico
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I probably wouldn't worry until 8-9 months. But if it's bugging you talk to your pediatrician and you can get an evaluation by a physical therapist. If there is an issue they'll let you know and they can do wonders.
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I wouldn't worry to much at this point. Some kids just don't like doing certain things like tummy time no matter what the age. As for sitting up she's probably just not ready neither of one my twins sat up till 8+ months and are just starting to walk at 14 months. If she isn't sitting by 9 months discuss your concerns with her doctor. She may just be a little lazy ;-) I always think that's why mine does things later then the average.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I would try not to worry.
I have twins that will 6 months on the 28 . One of them sits great unassisted the other does not.
abra
by Abra on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Quoting graycalico: I probably wouldn't worry until 8-9 months. But if it's bugging you talk to your pediatrician and you can get an evaluation by a physical therapist. If there is an issue they'll let you know and they can do wonders.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I wouldn't worry until about 8-9 months. You can always ask a pediatrician if you feel it's an issue that needs to be evaluated sooner.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My first 3 were crawling, sitting up on their own and rolling by the time they were 6months old. My 4th didn't start rolling until he was 3 months old, didn't start sitting up unassisted until he was 8 months old, crawling at 10 months old and at 15 months old he is just starting to walk.  My adopted 10month old doesn't do any of those. He was diagnosed with severe cerebral palsy about a month ago, epilepsy, and a few other problems. He is unable to suck on a bottle(he has a feeding tube) he does not eat food at all. He is a very floppy baby, he does physical therapy 2 times a week and he will start doing occupational therapy after the first of the year.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I wouldn't worry yet cause every baby develops at a different pace but you could always call the pedi for reassurance.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM

agreed

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I wouldn't worry until about 8-9 months. You can always ask a pediatrician if you feel it's an issue that needs to be evaluated sooner.

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

If it worries you, just talk to the ped. No harm in asking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)