Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He said what?!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 20 Replies
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but apparently my husband wants another baby. In the grocery store the other day, he looked at me and said, "Nicki, I'm ready for another baby." I had no idea what to say, so my reply was, "Where is the peanut butter?" Lol! See, our daughter is about to be 20 months old. Her birth was a very traumatic experience. It was all worth it, but i do not want to go through that again. It was a terrible c-section, and i don't see a vbac very likely with me. Anyway, i have it stuck in my head that i am done having kids, but he wants one more now. I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else been in this situation? Lol
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a terrible situation with the birth of my second child and I went on to have 2 more children, lol. Those births went much, MUCH smoother. I had a failed VBAC as well but at least I know I gave it a try ; ) lol.

Wait until you are 100% ready, that's always the best way to go into it. If you are young there is no need to rush : )

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM
You've got a point there. You never know unless you try =) I guess since everyone has told me i won't be able to do it, i just gave in. And yes, we are young. I'm definitely not rushing into having another child (i love it being just us 3 and i want to spend most of my time with my daughter), so i have no idea where this even came from! Last time that i said something about kids, he did NOT want another for 2-4 years lol

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I had a terrible situation with the birth of my second child and I went on to have 2 more children, lol. Those births went much, MUCH smoother. I had a failed VBAC as well but at least I know I gave it a try ; ) lol.

Wait until you are 100% ready, that's always the best way to go into it. If you are young there is no need to rush : )

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I had some things go wrong on my end but many women are able to do it but if not, it doesn't mean your next c-section will be terrible. I had a terrible one and my next one was a breeze. Maybe, he saw a cute baby and was remembering all the fun, LOL.

Quoting Nicki1995: You've got a point there. You never know unless you try =) I guess since everyone has told me i won't be able to do it, i just gave in. And yes, we are young. I'm definitely not rushing into having another child (i love it being just us 3 and i want to spend most of my time with my daughter), so i have no idea where this even came from! Last time that i said something about kids, he did NOT want another for 2-4 years lol

Quoting la_bella_vita:

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

wreathsleighhappy holidays

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck momma! Talk about it.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never been in this situation, but I've heard planned c sections can be very nice. I've also heard vbac can be extremely healing, but you've gotta ok with winding up with a c section and not further traumatized if that's the route you go.

Otherwise I think the timing to try for another is great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
This! I also had a terrible first birth and had two more kids, now pregnant with 4th!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Yeah, that's true. And i hope that's all it was! Lol

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I had some things go wrong on my end but many women are able to do it but if not, it doesn't mean your next c-section will be terrible. I had a terrible one and my next one was a breeze. Maybe, he saw a cute baby and was remembering all the fun, LOL.

Quoting Nicki1995: You've got a point there. You never know unless you try =) I guess since everyone has told me i won't be able to do it, i just gave in. And yes, we are young. I'm definitely not rushing into having another child (i love it being just us 3 and i want to spend most of my time with my daughter), so i have no idea where this even came from! Last time that i said something about kids, he did NOT want another for 2-4 years lol

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM
You mean the age difference that there would be? And I'm mostly just scared for another csection, but id be using a different doctor that is very vbac supportive. Hopefully things will work out if i give in and decide to try for another lol

Quoting larissalarie: I've never been in this situation, but I've heard planned c sections can be very nice. I've also heard vbac can be extremely healing, but you've gotta ok with winding up with a c section and not further traumatized if that's the route you go.

Otherwise I think the timing to try for another is great!
expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Every pregnancy is different. I suggest you and your husband talk with your doc about how you feel and see what they recommend. I don't know exactly what you went through but I would think you would be on to have another babies with less worry.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sit down with Hubby and tell him how you feel. That the idea of having another one scares you. Maybe you need a lil more time. I thought I was done having kids after my 2nd was born but 11 yrs later we ended up having our 3rd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)