Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Please baby

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

just go to sleep :( My 10 month old woke up from his nap today at 3:30pm  with a fever (102 degrees) and really cranky. Here it is 10pm and all he has done is cry. I spent from 3:30 until 6  walking with him up and down the hall way, his dad came home and walked with him for a while and now my stepdaughter (she is 24) is getting a turn. Every time we sit down with him he screams like he is dying. I hate it when they can't tell you what is wrong. None of my other kids have ever done this so I really have no clue what to do for the little guy other then to keep walking with him.

5 am and we have all had about an hour of sleep all night, I am just down right exhausted. Poor kiddo started throwing up and now diarrhea. We hd to pull his feeding tube because he actually threw it up :( Even with Tylenol his fever sky rocketed from 102 to 104.6. Something is going on with him. My husband is freaking out and wants to take him to the ER.

Sorry everyone it has taken me so long to reply, I have been slightly busy.  Yesterday they admitted him to the hospital instead of making us sit in the ER for hours waiting for test results. Apparently he has a really bad kidney infection. So after pumping him full of antibiotics he is doing much better. Still has a slight fever but only 100.8 at last check. We are going home later this morning.

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darciegenito
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM
My almost month old won't sleep. She cries every time l lay her down. Really frustrating.
cmj33
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Is he in any pain teething maybe besides fever. I would try tylenol if you haven't already. I hope he sleeps soon.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

:( what a night.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I would take him to the er as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Yeah we are heading there. 

Quoting polkaspots: I would take him to the er as well.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Good luck.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Yeah we are heading there. 

Quoting polkaspots: I would take him to the er as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I would take him to the er.  Poor baby.  My 13 month has not slept in over a week.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

TheMommaJessie
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM

if a fever will not go down with tylenol they go straight to the hospital good possibility he has ear infections or teething. Doctors say infant under a year if their temp hits 101 and doesn't go down to take them to the ER. you should have took him after giving him tylenol and seeing that it didnt bring the fever down. My son did this with every ear infection never had a fever as high as yours though

Schizomom91
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Update when the dr tells you something. Hope your baby gets to feeling better :(
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM
How is he? Update?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)