Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is there anything I can do????

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 19 Replies
My 15 month old recently started chewing on the binding of his books. They are the cardboard ones. It's driving me nuts and ruining the books. He has almost all of his teeth and tons of chew rings but he is zoning in on the books. Is there anything I can do to stop this besides putting the books up where he can't get to them???
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Putting the books up is the only thing I can think of, LOL

Bump for other ideas!

Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM

My dd did the same thing. Now all of her board books are ruined. I ended up just putting them away :(

ChanningsMom12
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Dang. I was hoping to avoid putting me up. Did your dd stop chewing on books after awhile or is she still doing it?

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

My dd did the same thing. Now all of her board books are ruined. I ended up just putting them away :(

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Maybe see if you can find a teether shaped like a book?
ChanningsMom12
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I actually have 2 shaped like books and one that is a book.

Quoting expectantmom81: Maybe see if you can find a teether shaped like a book?
Stevensmomma
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope just take them away ds is 17 mths still does it so he can't have them without me

Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM

She's 16 months now & still does it. I can't leave any books around because the regular books she will destroy. She'll rip all the pages out. I can't even just sit down & read to her because she just wants to attack the book. lol.

Quoting ChanningsMom12: Dang. I was hoping to avoid putting me up. Did your dd stop chewing on books after awhile or is she still doing it?

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

ChanningsMom12
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I put all of the books with paper pages up. He started with just one book and now is onto all of them. I hope it's a phase that will end.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

She's 16 months now & still does it. I can't leave any books around because the regular books she will destroy. She'll rip all the pages out. I can't even just sit down & read to her because she just wants to attack the book. lol.

Quoting ChanningsMom12: Dang. I was hoping to avoid putting me up. Did your dd stop chewing on books after awhile or is she still doing it?

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is 16 months and all of his books are in hiding because of this. He is a terror when it comes to books. The only ones I do allow him to play with are the board books that you can get in kids meals from chick-fil-a. That is my compromise with him until he gets bigger and more responsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Put some lemon juice on a few of the bindings? I have no idea, lol. I only let kids that small play with books if I'm helping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN