Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when to change bottle nipple

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

My daughter is almost 6 months and she is on level one nipples and i dont know when i should change the level.  When she drinks level 2 she drinks the bottle so fast.  Is that normal and suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM

are you BF or FFing?

danni12
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

formula

angelchewning
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

then you've got a few options. since you don't need to worry about baby refusing the breast you can either go by the recommendation of slow flow til 3 months, medium til 6 months, fast after that...OR you can go by baby's cues. When he starts to become frustrated by the slow flow ones move him up to medium and when those become a hassle move him up again. Im not a Dr. or anything but thats my 2 cents.

sunnydays87
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

My son is almost 6 months old as well and we're still using the level one nipples.  We've tried the level two, but he drinks too fast and spits up.  

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM

We honestly never changed the nipples. It's up to you if you want to change them or not, if she can drink from either one easily than you can really just pick which one you want her to use.

angelchewning
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM

good point, use spitting up as your guide. if on the medium nipples she spits up more shes not ready for them just yet.

Quoting sunnydays87:

My son is almost 6 months old as well and we're still using the level one nipples.  We've tried the level two, but he drinks too fast and spits up.  

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM
My older boys used size one until they stopped using a bottle at a year, I breastfed my third.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM

We never changed the nipples either.

JaydensMama418
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM

If she drinks the bottle too fast and shes gasping for air and turns away from the bottle alot then shes not ready for the stage 2 nipple. Go back to stage 1.

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM
We never used anything but level 1
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)