Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
What age do you think is appropriate to let your child have coffee? A customer was telling me he bought his 15 year old daughter a coffee pot for Christmas and I personally feel like that is still young.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaylorMom814
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I was drinking coffee in middle school. It's just up to the parents I guess! I just drank it in the mornings, not at night keeping me awake. Also just depends on how caffeine affects the kid, too.
sunnydays87
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Our 14 year old likes iced coffee from Starbucks which is an occasional treat for her.  My husband drinks coffee every morning and sometimes she'll have a cup, but we don't let her drink any in the afternoon or evening.  

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM

My parents let me start drinking coffee in middle school. I don't see an issue with teens drinking coffe as long as it's not excessive.

Owl_Feather
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I didnt drink coffee until I was in college. a 15 year old sipping on a latte; I dont see an issue with that.

JunkYdMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I don't see a problem with a 15 year old occasionally drinking coffee. My SIL let's her 11 and 13 year old drink coffee anytime they want. I think that's a little young.
SlingsAndThings
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I started drinking it regularly when I was 6.......

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

carsonsmommytam
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I started drinking it in middle school (other than the occasional cup I had younger than that at grandmas), we had an espresso stand right next to my bus stop and I would get something from there most mornings.
angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I would let a 15 year old drink coffee. I personally don't like the smell or taste of coffee.. So if my kids pick up that habit it will be outside the house. I think after middle scool I'd probably let them.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I have no clue, we don't drink it. So I really don't know when our children if ever, will want to try it.

noonelikeme564
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM
This!

Quoting Raeann11:

I have no clue, we don't drink it. So I really don't know when our children if ever, will want to try it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)