Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby will not sleep in bassinet!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
My baby girl is 3 weeks old, and the only place she will sleep is in her swing :( we have one in the living room and one in our room. It's so annoying, and a pain in the but. How can I get her to sleep... And stay asleep in her bed??!!!
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM

At this point you do whatever you have to do to get sleep. (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

.bombshell.
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Wss ^^ (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM
at that age, I just let my babies sleep in the swing. They adjusted to a pack n play later. :-)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

None of my babies liked the bassinet either.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM
She's just spent nine months as close to you as she could possibly be. Have you tried co-sleeping? Swings and car seats are not the best places for infants to sleep because the baby's position in them can compromise respiration. Are you nursing?
RhineAndShine
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I only had 1 out of 6 babies that would sleep in a bassinet. The others slept in their swing till 6 mo old. It didn't bother me BC I actually got sleep. For some reason right at 6 mo they would sleep in their crib with no problems.
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Three week old babies don't stay alseep for hours on end typically.  Why doesn't she like sleeping in the bassinett?  Does she fuss like she's in pain?  DS had acid reflux as a baby and needed to sleep in an inclined position. Some of his best sleep came from the wing and carrier until we got his relux under control. If was flat, he would scream from pain. 

Otherwise, here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)