Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling guilty...

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 15 Replies

My daughter is 3 months old. I hold her and play with her on the playmat, read to her, sing her songs, take her for walks etc but sometimes I'm tired or just want to relax so I put her in the swing or in her pack and play or leave her on the playmat so I can do whatever I need/want to do. She's happy and content, cooing and smiling but I can't help but feel guilty when I do that. And sometimes I feel like there's something more I should be doing with her. I know she's still very little so there isn't all that much I can do with her but I feel so guilty sometimes if I'm not interacting with her 24/7... 

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Sounds like your doing a great job interacting with her :) I think it good for them to just sit and take in the surroundings sometimes. I was always playing with/ holding my daughter. Now she is seven months and screams if I leave the room to pee and is alone lol. She will sit in her swing though, she likes to look at everything.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM

You are doing a great job, don't be so hard on yourself! I was like this with my first as well.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I think it's the mom guilt. I have it too. No matter how much I'm doing with my dd I always feel like I could be doing more. Sounds like you're doing a great job momma.

Allebas
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

You are doing fine! :) Trust me! You don't have to hold your baby 24/7. I'm sure you hold her plenty when you feed her, bathe her, etc. :) As long as you pick her up when she cries, that is what matters. You cannot 'spoil' a baby by picking them up when they start crying. Your baby has no other way to communicate to you what she needs except to cry.  You sound like a wonderful mom who truly loves her baby! What a lucky, lucky baby!!  :)

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Don't feel guilty at all. Us mommy's sometimes need a few minutes lol.
alandou
by April on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:48 AM

don't feel guilty mama! sound's like you're doing a great job and we do need a few minutes by ourselves. it's good for babies too :)

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I agree with the other ladies don't feel guilty because you are doing an awesome job being mommy.  Us moms need some time to ourselves sometimes.

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Same here! 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

You are doing a great job, don't be so hard on yourself! I was like this with my first as well.

CafeMom Tickers
Stevensmomma
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM

It's just mommy quilt relax you need a bit of (me time) to keep sane for her ! 

abra
by Abra on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM
This is what I learned too. I have 4 kids, and with my 3 youngers, I learned to give them alone time so they didn't freak out when I wasn't 1 on 1 with them.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Sounds like your doing a great job interacting with her :) I think it good for them to just sit and take in the surroundings sometimes. I was always playing with/ holding my daughter. Now she is seven months and screams if I leave the room to pee and is alone lol. She will sit in her swing though, she likes to look at everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)