Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

8 weeks and constipated

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 15 Replies
I was breast feeding my baby for almost 2 months, until my supply dried up and now she's on formula.
Ever since she's been on formula, she's had a very tough time pooping.
Just now, when changing her diaper, she was staring to poop but started crying.

I tried pushing her knees up to her tummy but it didn't help much.
Her doctors office is closed today, so I can't call and all what to do....us there anything that in can do to help her poop?
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:49 PM

When did you stop breastfeeding? What makes you think you dried up. If you can get any milk out of your breasts give her that. Breastmilk is a natural laxative.

KPJ
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I went thru the same thing with my daughter and what I helped her was the dark Caro syrup.. I put in one teaspoon in the bottle and it helped her so much.. She did #2 one hour after drinking the bottle with Caro syrup. Also try changing formula..
LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I'll have to try that with her next bottle.

Quoting KPJ: I went thru the same thing with my daughter and what I helped her was the dark Caro syrup.. I put in one teaspoon in the bottle and it helped her so much.. She did #2 one hour after drinking the bottle with Caro syrup. Also try changing formula..
KristinD1988
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM

A lack of pooping doesn't mean they're necessarily constipated it's when the poop comes out hard like rabbit turds that means they're constipated. She's probably just having a hard time adjusting to the formula. I wouldn't give her anything and just keep bicycling her legs and massage her tummy underneath her belly button. 

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM
All she was able to pass was a small round, pale green piece of poop and was in tears the whole time she pushed it out....she's def constipated.

Quoting KristinD1988:

A lack of pooping doesn't mean they're necessarily constipated it's when the poop comes out hard like rabbit turds that means they're constipated. She's probably just having a hard time adjusting to the formula. I wouldn't give her anything and just keep bicycling her legs and massage her tummy underneath her belly button. 

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I just remembered that I have Pedia-Lax Liquid Glycerine Suppositories, from when my 4 year old was severely constipated....can I use that...like a quarter of it?
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:59 PM
You probably didn't stop producing. Rarely that happen. No jato syrup. You can kills baby rhat way.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:01 PM
As a last resort thing. You might try petroleum jelly on a qtip. It worked for my DD but I wouldn't do it often.
CassaNova
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Switch her to gentle baby formula, that kept my daughter from ever being constipated.
shoot4thestars
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Ds never really had any constipation issues, not horribly anyways, but my sister uses suppositories for my niece.  She says they work almost immediately. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)