Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

pink eye?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
My son is 5 monthS old will b 6 months on the 16th n I picked him up from my moms house n just got home n the outside of his left eye is a little red n he also has had goobers in his eyes. wondering if it could be pink eye?
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virgochild79
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Put a drop of breast milk in it and it'll clear up like magic. It worked on all of my babies who got a little case of "funky eye"

mommy16632
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Sorry I don't breastfeed
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Sounds like it could be.
abra
by Abra on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I agree. Take him in ASAP. Pink eye is highly contagious! There are some "natural" remedies but they take a lot longer to clear up the infection and dosing and methods aren't well controlled, so I personally would never use it on a baby that young.

Quoting Beauty91805: Sounds like it could be.
alandou
by April on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Yes it sounds like pinkeye :(
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Could be!  Call the doctor and describe what's going on so they can send something in or see him.  Just try not to let any siblings or anyone touch his hands/eye/etc and then touch their eye, pink eye is super contagious.

My 14 month old actually has it right now.  He woke up yesterday with the whites of his eyes pink and lots of crust and goo, but his doctors office was closed.  Today he woke up with his eye completely red and swollen, with a lot of crust... so finally today they were open and called him in some pink eye drops!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Sounds like pink eye. I would take him in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)