Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Crib!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter is 3 months old. Her bassinet has been next to my bed so that I can nurse her easily. She's been sleeping through the night now for well over a month. The bassinet has a weight limit of 15 pounds or 3 months and she is just about there so we decided that starting off the new year she would sleep in her crib in her own room. I can't believe how big she's gotten already in just a short 3 months! I must have woken up 5 times during the night to look at the baby monitor to make sure she was okay even though she's in a room next to us. My little girl... 

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Awww. I turned my crib into a co-sleeper to help with middle of the night nursing.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I am way to paranoid to have my babies that young sleep in their own rooms I know a lot of moms do but I just can't.  Congrats on her being such a good sleeper though. 

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Same here

Quoting babyspots17:

I am way to paranoid to have my babies that young sleep in their own rooms I know a lot of moms do but I just can't.  Congrats on her being such a good sleeper though. 

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Aww...

Do you have room to put her crib in your room? Statistically, babies are at a much higher risk of SIDS when sleeping so far from a parent. 

MommyMattson
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I moved my daughter to her crib around 3 months, once I did she slept even better. My daughter is almost 10 months and I still wake up in the middle of the night to look at the monitor.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Awww. I turned my crib into a co-sleeper to help with middle of the night nursing.

That's what we did with my youngest two and it went wonderfully.

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

happy new year

SouthernSweetT
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Ditto

Quoting ceckyl: Same here

Quoting babyspots17:

KristinD1988
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM

No her crib is way too big to put in our room. It will be a while before I take the bassinet out of our room just in case. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Aww...

Do you have room to put her crib in your room? Statistically, babies are at a much higher risk of SIDS when sleeping so far from a parent. 

jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Me too.

Quoting babyspots17:

marissabrookee
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Aw, I'm so not ready for that. My son will be 1 month old on Saturday and he still sleeps in the rock n play next to our bed. April 1, were moving into our new house which will have 3 bedrooms so he'll have his own room and will transition into his crib then :( I'm not looking forward to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)