Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby has not pooped

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
My baby is 10 weeks old, he is eating similac blue can formula. Counting today he had not pooped in 3 days. Is there anything I can do for him here at home. And when should I contact his doctor.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Lack of poop is fine. It's when he poops hard dry pellets.
JacknJill
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM
I would at least call and see what they say. I don't think that's normal at all. A phone call won't hurt anything
myempyreofdirt
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:17 PM
3 days is quite a bit for a formula fed baby. Does he seem to be uncomfortable? I'd call his doctor. Ours recommended karo syrup for constipation, but I've never had to use it.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM

10 weeks is still tiny, so I would call the doctor.  When we had the problem at 4-5 months (after introducing solids) we gave him very diluted apple juice, but I wouldn't recommend that for such a little guy. 

You can try laying him on his back and doing bicycles and pulling his knees to his chest and doing squats on your lap (if he can hold his head up).

jlk2004
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I had this problem with my daughter and the Dr said make sure her stomach isn't hard and to put a 1/2 oz to a oz of prune juice in her milk. It worked for mine. But still poops irregular but I figure once she is off the formula, she will be good
maxsmommy1010
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM

my son is 3 months and for the first month i was concerned bc when he was on regular infant enfamil he wasnt pooping everyday and when he was it was hard. according to the dr the pooping thing was normal babies dont poop everyday but the hard poop wasnt.

mom2thebestkid
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Try a small amount of prune juice also you can try the thermometer, funny I know but it works. Just use it as if you were taking the babies temp. The stimulation will usually result in a poop..Good luck!

Jasismommy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Try bicycling his leg. When my dd was 10 weeks she only had breast milk so this wasn't a problem for us but when we switched to formula it was.  Call your dr they can't give you some excersies you can do to lo to help :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)