Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do you turn to?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

When you have a health or physical problem, who do you trust to give you good advice? Friends, family members, doctors, homeopaths or naturopaths? Perhaps there is another catagory I missed?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

First my Dr, then friends & family in the medical field. I'm a certified vet tech & while it's alittle different it's very similar to human medicine so I know a lot about anatomy & physiology of the body. I had a major medical issue in my mid 20's. I did a ton of research before deciding on what to do & talked to a few different dr's. thankfully I live in a city with great hospitals.

waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually talk to my SIL first. She us an RN and I trust her judgement.

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I talk things over with my husband.  Most of the time I don't find many trustworthy doctors.

Zazayam
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the problem. I'm pretty good at finding my own way, people usually come to ME with such things, haha. If it's something serious I see a doctor.

peanuteb
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

my mom first, and then the doctor

angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually talk with my mother in law that is a nurse and do some research of my own before deciding if I should consult some one else. I'm lucky in that I'm relatively healthy outside of pregnancy. 

alandou
by April on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:41 AM
2 moms liked this

well, I don't usually tell my mom anything unless I'm super sick. She tends to make more out of it than how it really is. Honestly, I usally turn to Google to search what the issue is and try to do home remedy. If that doesnt help then I go to the doc.

christina122952
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My doctor
abra
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

That is great! We used to live near Johns Hopkins and we were so blessed to have such a great resource, but we moved to a much smaller town now so it can be difficult to find good doctors. 

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

First my Dr, then friends & family in the medical field. I'm a certified vet tech & while it's alittle different it's very similar to human medicine so I know a lot about anatomy & physiology of the body. I had a major medical issue in my mid 20's. I did a ton of research before deciding on what to do & talked to a few different dr's. thankfully I live in a city with great hospitals.

abra
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

my SIL is an RN, too! :-)

Quoting waytomanykids10:

I usually talk to my SIL first. She us an RN and I trust her judgement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)