Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My lil lady is 14 months old, my boys are 13 and 9, I swear I feel like a first timer all over again. Plus she's the lil lady, I have a really hard time NOT looking at her like she's that tiny lil 6 pounder I brought home.

We just got a little potty for her. I thought I'd try to just get her used to sitting on it and everything, not really expecting anything to happen. When she has a dirty diaper she says "pooted" lol, so I just kind of sat her on it and kept saying poots go there, pooted, all that stuff.

Well, she hasn't just been sitting there, she's been using it. She's peed in it a handful of times and even pooped once (I do believe that was a total fluke, though she did sit there until she was done), and she walked over and sat down to pee all by herself when we were getting ready for bath time. Other then that, she just kind of went when I sat her there.

Now here's my questions. Am I being silly for even trying at this age? Or am I jumping the gun for getting excited about it "working"? I know my boys were both 2+ by the time they were fully potty trained, but they also weren't walking until after one, she's been running for months now. Plus girls are different, I guess? And last but not least, any tips?

:)

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Replies (11-11):
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard that girls on average potty train earlier/easier than boys. Not sure if it's true, but it seems like it might be. I say just keep doing what you're doing. She sounds ready to at least work on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)