Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the hell, baby!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 24 Replies
Last night, baby would just NOT sleep! Unless he was being fed (semi cradle hold), then he would fall asleep with the nipple in his mouth, I out him down and then he wakes up.

I didn't get any sleep until I tried side laying, but during the day he'll say asleep for hours! :/

How can I change the sleeping schedule?
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Sounds like a typical newborn. You're in major growth spurt time.
misstaylor85
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Mine is 13 months and is the same way still. It's completely my fault he uses me as a pacifier I'm not much help because I take the easier way of parenting and haven't even attempted to break him of it.
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Not much you can do. Sounds like a typical newborn.
corpswife523
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I can't tell when he wants a pacifier or when he's hungry, yet.
He's not even two weeks old.

Quoting misstaylor85: Mine is 13 months and is the same way still. It's completely my fault he uses me as a pacifier I'm not much help because I take the easier way of parenting and haven't even attempted to break him of it.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Baby could be going thru a growth spurt. It should get better with time.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM

At 2 weeks old, this is very very normal behavior and there's nothing you can do.  Try to nap during the day when he naps.  Monitor how much he is actually eating and making sure he has enough wet/dirty diapers.  And hang in there.  It gets better. If he has had enough to eat you can try a pacifier.  But mine would fall asleep while eating and not get enough to eat. 

Congratulations!

Quoting corpswife523: I can't tell when he wants a pacifier or when he's hungry, yet.

Quoting misstaylor85: Mine is 13 months and is the same way still. It's completely my fault he uses me as a pacifier I'm not much help because I take the easier way of parenting and haven't even attempted to break him of it.

corpswife523
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM
I try to nap if not rest/relax.
Dh takes baby in the mornings while I sleep for a couple hours.
I think that's what he's doing..

Thank you!

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

At 2 weeks old, this is very very normal behavior and there's nothing you can do.  Try to nap during the day when he naps.  Monitor how much he is actually eating and making sure he has enough wet/dirty diapers.  And hang in there.  It gets better. If he has had enough to eat you can try a pacifier.  But mine would fall asleep while eating and not get enough to eat. 

Congratulations!

Quoting corpswife523: I can't tell when he wants a pacifier or when he's hungry, yet.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM
If you're changing 6 diapers in 24 hours you know baby is getting enough.
corpswife523
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely more than 6 lol

Quoting Mom2Just1: If you're changing 6 diapers in 24 hours you know baby is getting enough.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM
That's normal:-) Being a first time mom is tough but try not to worry yourself to death! He is adjusting to the world and eventually he will switch his schedule but you can't force it. It does get better!

You're in my due date group, my little man Raiden was born January 6th:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)