Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Worried

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

My dd is almost 14 months,isn't standing on her own,and doesn't walk. I don't know what to do..... I worry even more because my ds(9) has severe autism. Her doctor says she's fine but I just have this horrible feeling in my gut. Would you push to get her evaluated?

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Does she pull up/cruise? There's a HUGE window of normal for walking. Most doctors will tell you not to worry unless they aren't doing it by 18 months. Also, is she unable or just not trying? She may not be interested yet.
redhotmomma79
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM

she tries to stand but has no balance

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Does she pull up/cruise? There's a HUGE window of normal for walking. Most doctors will tell you not to worry unless they aren't doing it by 18 months. Also, is she unable or just not trying? She may not be interested yet.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM
My now 2 year old didn't pull up until around a year and didn't walk until 19 months. My middle son was almost 2.5 when he walked alone. My oldest was 16 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Well that's normal at first. Try working with her every day. We walk ds around holding his hands. It's helped his balance a lot.

Quoting redhotmomma79:

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Does she pull up/cruise? There's a HUGE window of normal for walking. Most doctors will tell you not to worry unless they aren't doing it by 18 months. Also, is she unable or just not trying? She may not be interested yet.

redhotmomma79
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:07 PM

maybe she's just lazy

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Well that's normal at first. Try working with her every day. We walk ds around holding his hands. It's helped his balance a lot.

Quoting redhotmomma79:

myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Some babies are. Or rather they're comfortable the way they are. I wouldn't call it lazy. Some are just more adventurous than others. She might just not be interested yet. My son didn't sit up on his own til around 7 months because he just didn't want to.

Quoting redhotmomma79:

maybe she's just lazy

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Well that's normal at first. Try working with her every day. We walk ds around holding his hands. It's helped his balance a lot.

Quoting redhotmomma79:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Does she stand while holding onto something? It may just be her confidence isn't secure yet. My daughter didn't start walking until she was 19 months. She was able to stand, but mostly stood while holding onto something at 14 months. Usually as long as it happens before two years old, it's not a worry.

redhotmomma79
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM

she could sit up at 7 months but chose not to until 10 months

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Some babies are. Or rather they're comfortable the way they are. I wouldn't call it lazy. Some are just more adventurous than others. She might just not be interested yet. My son didn't sit up on his own til around 7 months because he just didn't want to.

Quoting redhotmomma79:

maybe she's just lazy

Quoting redhotmomma79:

myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Yeah, sounds like she's just not in any hurry. :)

Quoting redhotmomma79:

she could sit up at 7 months but chose not to until 10 months

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Some babies are. Or rather they're comfortable the way they are. I wouldn't call it lazy. Some are just more adventurous than others. She might just not be interested yet. My son didn't sit up on his own til around 7 months because he just didn't want to.

Quoting redhotmomma79:

maybe she's just lazy

Quoting redhotmomma79:

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:09 PM
I wouldnt worry too much just yet! Especially if the doctor isn't worried.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN