Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Can't take it anymore! update

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 32 Replies
My 3 month screams and cries and fusses constantly! He's fed, clean diaper, dry clothes and just doesn't stop. I can't take much more. I try everything, nothing helps. I don't know what to do, I'm pulling my fucking hair out.

Update: my first featured! Thank you ladies for the helpful suggestions and support! I looked up the purple crying and wow did that hit the nail on the head. Gonna attempt the moby wrap today, fingers crossed.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
What soothes him? Does he want to be held or carried around? Dd liked being rocked at that age, so I used to sit in my desk chair and swivel side to side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph0420
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Right now? Nothing. I walk, I rock, I bounce. He fights sleep tooth and nail. The absolute longest he'll sleep for during the day is 15 minutes, and even that's extremely rare. My house fucking trashed cuz I can't get a damn thing done, I feel like I'm constantly blowing off my 3 year old, I'm exhsusted, stressed to the max and just completely losing it

Quoting polkaspots: What soothes him? Does he want to be held or carried around? Dd liked being rocked at that age, so I used to sit in my desk chair and swivel side to side.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Do you have a swing or baby carrier? You can whip up a make shift sling to see if that helps calm him down. Maybe he's in pain? Does he spit up a lot or have reflux? Diaper rash? Dry skin? Dd used to be super fussy when it was cold because she has terribly dry skin. A massage with lotion after a bath still helps her when her skin is bothering her and she's four. Maybe some white noise like a radio or washing machine might help. The sound of water running, getting in the shower with him.
My dd was a very fussy baby when I started working and all of these things worked at some point.
Quoting steph0420: Right now? Nothing. I walk, I rock, I bounce. He fights sleep tooth and nail. The absolute longest he'll sleep for during the day is 15 minutes, and even that's extremely rare. My house fucking trashed cuz I can't get a damn thing done, I feel like I'm constantly blowing off my 3 year old, I'm exhsusted, stressed to the max and just completely losing it

Quoting polkaspots: What soothes him? Does he want to be held or carried around? Dd liked being rocked at that age, so I used to sit in my desk chair and swivel side to side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Try a carrier and maybe some gripe water in case he has a tummy ache!
steph0420
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:12 PM
We've tried gripe water before and it did nothing. I have a moby Wrap I Got From My Cousin but I Have To Look Up Direction How To Put It on And That Would Require Putting Him Down Which He will Not allow

Quoting MMerrill: Try a carrier and maybe some gripe water in case he has a tummy ache!
steph0420
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM
He very rarely let's us put him in his swing, we give him gas relief for his tummy. But thus cry isn't a pain cry.
His skin is a little dry from the weather but not where it would make him scream like this. It used to be much worse but we use lotion on him, good, expensive lotion.
I'll give the white noise a shot,

Quoting polkaspots: Do you have a swing or baby carrier? You can whip up a make shift sling to see if that helps calm him down. Maybe he's in pain? Does he spit up a lot or have reflux? Diaper rash? Dry skin? Dd used to be super fussy when it was cold because she has terribly dry skin. A massage with lotion after a bath still helps her when her skin is bothering her and she's four. Maybe some white noise like a radio or washing machine might help. The sound of water running, getting in the shower with him.
My dd was a very fussy baby when I started working and all of these things worked at some point.
Quoting steph0420: Right now? Nothing. I walk, I rock, I bounce. He fights sleep tooth and nail. The absolute longest he'll sleep for during the day is 15 minutes, and even that's extremely rare. My house fucking trashed cuz I can't get a damn thing done, I feel like I'm constantly blowing off my 3 year old, I'm exhsusted, stressed to the max and just completely losing it

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM
My stretchy wrap was a sanity saver with my second child. It's just like a moby but wider.
http://www.wrapyourbaby.com/pocketwrapcrosscarry.htm
That's a good link for how to use it. He spent a lot of time in my wrap because it was either that or sit and nurse him all the time.

Quoting steph0420: He very rarely let's us put him in his swing, we give him gas relief for his tummy. But thus cry isn't a pain cry.

His skin is a little dry from the weather but not where it would make him scream like this. It used to be much worse but we use lotion on him, good, expensive lotion.

I'll give the white noise a shot,

Quoting polkaspots: Do you have a swing or baby carrier? You can whip up a make shift sling to see if that helps calm him down. Maybe he's in pain? Does he spit up a lot or have reflux? Diaper rash? Dry skin? Dd used to be super fussy when it was cold because she has terribly dry skin. A massage with lotion after a bath still helps her when her skin is bothering her and she's four. Maybe some white noise like a radio or washing machine might help. The sound of water running, getting in the shower with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Definitely youtube moby videos, it helped me out a ton.  I would also put in a call to the pediatrician to see if they want to see him (unless you have recently been in and talked about this issue).

Quoting steph0420: We've tried gripe water before and it did nothing. I have a moby Wrap I Got From My Cousin but I Have To Look Up Direction How To Put It on And That Would Require Putting Him Down Which He will Not allow

Quoting MMerrill: Try a carrier and maybe some gripe water in case he has a tummy ache!

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM
If its that bad I would take him to the doctor. He could have silent reflux or something else bothering him.

Quoting steph0420: We've tried gripe water before and it did nothing. I have a moby Wrap I Got From My Cousin but I Have To Look Up Direction How To Put It on And That Would Require Putting Him Down Which He will Not allow

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Are you sure he's not just going through a growth spurt?  Do you attempt to feed him more?  3 months is a prime growth spurt time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN