Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wont stop

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
My one year old son bangs his head and lunges his chest against his crib. We're worried he might hurt himself but he wont stop despite our attempts to discourage him. Are we right to be concerned and does anyone have any suggestions to make him stop?
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I'd talk to his doctor about it. That I know of those behaviors can be normal, but it's hard to say without seeing it. My 1 year old has a bad habit of sticking his fingers down his throat so far he gags. Even throws up sometimes. His doctor wasn't concerned. They do weird things at this age.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Idk. None of my children have ever done anything like that, but I also only put them in the crib when they're sleeping so they really never had the opportunity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM

When does he do it? Is he doing it when you're watching to get attention, or does he do it even when you're not in the room?

adrens_mommy166
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM
He does it when we're right there with him. He might be doing it for attention. He only started doing it within the last week. I'll check with his dr tho just in case. Thank you ladies.
abra
by Abra on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I agree. Maybe film it and let your doctor see. 

Quoting myempyreofdirt: I'd talk to his doctor about it. That I know of those behaviors can be normal, but it's hard to say without seeing it. My 1 year old has a bad habit of sticking his fingers down his throat so far he gags. Even throws up sometimes. His doctor wasn't concerned. They do weird things at this age.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:36 PM

This exactly.

Quoting larissalarie: Idk. None of my children have ever done anything like that, but I also only put them in the crib when they're sleeping so they really never had the opportunity.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)