Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alternative to cows milk

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son is just about 15 months (12 adjusted) and we are about to fully switch him off of fomula and onto milk.  He's already had a little cows milk before but I'm not big on the idea of cows milk, so I'm thinking of just doing almond milk.

Are there any mommies that give their little ones anything other than cows milk?

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Yep.  My kids get water.

mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Coconut milk, almond milk, goats milk...
My 14 month old is picky..she won't drink coconut milk and cows milk and goats milk makes her constipated. :/
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM
My kids are breastfed. But after they wean we use almond milk.
Fields456
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM
My DS drinks almond and coconut and my dd likes soy although she doesn't drink it very often. I like the almond coconut blend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs-jt
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Mine is breastfed
angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM

breastmilk lol but i know what you mean about not wanting to give him cows milk...hes a baby human, not a baby cow! I would go with almond milk.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM

We do soy milk, but there are tons of alternatives! Maybe try a couple and see which he likes best? Almond milk is super cheap and easy to make, if that's what you decide on.

angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Thats a fun fact. how do you make it?

Quoting Dragonmamas:

We do soy milk, but there are tons of alternatives! Maybe try a couple and see which he likes best? Almond milk is super cheap and easy to make, if that's what you decide on.

abra
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
The problem with alternatives to cow's milk is that there isn't enough healthy fats in it. Have you spoken with your doctor about this yet?
MMerrill
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We've let him have a cup or two of cows milk and almond milk... he LOVES the almond milk.  I wouldn't be making it though, I would probably just buy it from the store.  It's still way cheaper than the cows milk we get!

Quoting Dragonmamas:

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)