Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

3 week old refuses to sleep on her back... HELP

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM
  • 25 Replies

ok, so my son never cared how or where he slept.. my daughter.. a whole other story. She hates sleeping on her back unless she is being held or is in bed with me. I do not want to co-sleep, I dont sleep at all, I just worry about her all night.

I know you shouldnt place a baby on their tummys to sleep, so what do I do?? I have tried swaddling her, she hates it. I tried letting her sleep in her bouncy seat.. she would just wake up 5 mins later. I have tried a secure sleeper, she makes it maybe 10 mins. Seriously the only way she sleeps for an period of time is on her belly. Of course this freaks me out and I just watch her every breath.

I need help!! Any ideas??

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nikki.90
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM
My daughter slept on her tummy since she's been born, she finally started sleeping on get back like two months ago, she's 5 months old now. I use to be paranoid about it but as long as nothing is in her crib, ( pillows, blankets, etc, ) she should be fine.
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM

There are wedges you can buy to put under the crib sheet that lets them sleep in their side. Maybe that is worth a shot?

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM

My daughter also hated sleeping on her back as a newborn. I was so stressed out about it at the time, but like everything else it passed and in retrospect, it was just a blip on the radar! Try not to worry about it too much. (Easier said than done, I know, when YOU'RE not the one dealing with it!)

Have you tried swaddling her? My girl slept swaddled in a Miracle Blanket, in her car seat or swing, until she was 4 months old. At that point we transitioned her to her crib.

Mittenmommie
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

the secure sleeper I have, is a wedge thing. It props them up a little bit, and has the thing on each side so they cant roll around. I tried letting her sleep on her side yesterday and it failed horribly.. ugh

Quoting The_Doodle:

There are wedges you can buy to put under the crib sheet that lets them sleep in their side. Maybe that is worth a shot?

Mittenmommie
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I tried swaddling her, she hates that also.. lol.. she is a picky little diva.

Quoting jhslove:

My daughter also hated sleeping on her back as a newborn. I was so stressed out about it at the time, but like everything else it passed and in retrospect, it was just a blip on the radar! Try not to worry about it too much. (Easier said than done, I know, when YOU'RE not the one dealing with it!)

Have you tried swaddling her? My girl slept swaddled in a Miracle Blanket, in her car seat or swing, until she was 4 months old. At that point we transitioned her to her crib.

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM
If shes breastfed, the risk of tummy sleeping is super low. My daughter was a tummy sleeper from about 6 weeks on... We also co slept half of the time.
LalaWiley
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Sorry, I'm no help. My kids have always been tummy sleepers. 

Dee0886
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I had that same issue with my oldest. He ended up having to sleep on his tummy on daddy's chest in order for any of us to get any sleep. It was only for a couple weeks.

BrittSam2011
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM

None of my boys slept on their backs until later. I have 3 and they're perfectly fine.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM
My son slept on his tummy starting at about 4 weeks. I gave up on the back sleeping. He would only sleep a max of 20-45 minutes on his back. It was exhausting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)