Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How Did You Know That Your Baby Has Eczema?

Posted by   + Show Post

Being responsible for your tiny new member of the family can be hard when the lil' gal/guy can't tell you how their feeling or what happened. 

How did you figure out your baby has Eczema?

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Replies (71-73):
m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
THose big o eyes are beautiful :-)

Quoting Spring.Mom:

My name is Bre. I am the mom of an amazing 7 month old boy. We live in northern Nevada and the summers are hot and the Winters can be cold. The climate here isn't to terribly dry but my sons skin is! When he was about a month old he had what appeared to be baby acne and the start of craddle cap. His skin was very rashy dry patches. It would come and go. We tried changing lotions and soaps thinking it would help but nothing did.

Avery at 2 months

Avery now at 7 months

When we took him to see the Dr. when he was 3 months due to a skin infection (what we thought was craddle cap) behind his ears, we asked the Dr. about his skin. The baby acne had spread from he face to his back, arms, tummy, and all over his head. He informed us that our son had eczema and that is what the skin infection came from. He prescribed creams and lotions and my sons skin is still dry. I am really excited about trying this new Eucerin product in hopes that we see an improvement and some relief.

Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:21 PM

the rash on his arms. ds's school nurse actually sent him home when his teacher noticed the rash and told me to not let him rub his eyes or he'll get pink eye. I almost asked her where she got her degree from but bit my tongue.

nicolett80
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM
When my lo was 2 months old, she started getting little red bumps all over her, mostly on her face and neck though, and I thought it was baby acne. After awhile it turned into rough, dry patches that get really red when she's warm or taking a bath. I knew right then it was eczema because my son had it when he was a baby and the doctor told us it was eczema. His disappeared eventually. After trying lots of different stuff, the only thing that helps hers is Honest Company Healing Balm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)