Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Binky Battles!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  • 15 Replies
So the triplets are 16 months old. At their 15 month check up, the Dr implied it might be easier to get away from them now than 18 months. So, the 2 that take them have not had them since Sunday. They are a little on the fussy side, but not unbearable! Both will fall asleep without it, but my son is now taking shorter naps and waking up earlier... 2 mornings in a row at about 6! *Yawn* Will this continue or will he readjust? Boy, did I want to give him one this morning and go lay back down!

Opinions? Advice?
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Was he sucking on it all night?  Eek!  Mine would spit his out as soon as he fell asleep.

Good luck and sorry I don't have any suggestions.  Mine weaned himself at 6 months.

myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM
My son has been weaning himself off the binky, but I have friends who went through this. They said to throw the binky away and be done with it. Every kid is different so it's hard to say how long it will take them to adjust. I've heard everything from just a few days to several weeks.
Hopen
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM
I'm not sure. He goes to bed with it and when I go to get him he's got it. Could have found it through the night.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Was he sucking on it all night?  Eek!  Mine would spit his out as soon as he fell asleep.

Good luck and sorry I don't have any suggestions.  Mine weaned himself at 6 months.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:48 AM

We would always go in before we went to bed to check on him and would take the paci out (which had fallen out of his mouth at that point) so he couldn't get it in the morning.  We had been using it just for sleep for awhile. 

Keeping it in his mouth all night can really damage his teeth.

Could you try giving him a substitute that he can't keep in his mouth all night? 

We use this:  http://www.diapers.com/p/vulli-sophie-the-giraffe-2-vanilla-teething-rings-83851?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=NC-024&utm_campaign=shopping&CA_6C15C=1338302891

And that we do let him keep in the crib all night so he can have it in the morning.  He can use the toy only in the crib and the carseat. 

Quoting Hopen: I'm not sure. He goes to bed with it and when I go to get him he's got it. Could have found it through the night.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM

My children never used binky's here is a bump! I love your avatar, do you have a recent picture of your triplets to share (if you would like to that is?)

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm still using a paci with my 17 month old dd. She needs it just for sleeping & won't sleep without it. I never give it to her during the day unless she's sick or somthing. I'm hoping she will just self wean eventually. My pedi & her pediatric dentist said it's fine for her teeth, it's just a bad habit & hard to break.

waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Out of all my kids, my 10 month old boy and 7 year old girl are the only ones that ever used a pacifier. The baby has issues with sucking so I highly doubt we will be getting rid of it any time soon. He can suck on a pacifier but can't drink out of a bottle or cup :(

My 7 year old girl still sucks on one, we are in the process of adopting her and she has some major anxiety issues. We had her pretty much off of it other then when she was sleeping but due to being sick and being put in the hospital a couple of weeks ago she has had a few setbacks and we are having to start over.

Hopen
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I think I have a plan as he was letting me lay them down to sleep without it, then waking up earlier than normal.. so this morning when he started crying, I went in and gave it to him. He quieted and went back to sleep! I'll take a few hours out of the day! We never worried about them sucking a binky through the night as it helps protect against sids. We started weening them off the binky to sleepy time only at 12 months per my pediatrician.

Thank you for the link with your suggestion!

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

We would always go in before we went to bed to check on him and would take the paci out (which had fallen out of his mouth at that point) so he couldn't get it in the morning.  We had been using it just for sleep for awhile. 

Keeping it in his mouth all night can really damage his teeth.

Could you try giving him a substitute that he can't keep in his mouth all night? 

We use this:  http://www.diapers.com/p/vulli-sophie-the-giraffe-2-vanilla-teething-rings-83851?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=NC-024&utm_campaign=shopping&CA_6C15C=1338302891

And that we do let him keep in the crib all night so he can have it in the morning.  He can use the toy only in the crib and the carseat. 

Quoting Hopen: I'm not sure. He goes to bed with it and when I go to get him he's got it. Could have found it through the night.
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Hopen
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Yup! I sure do and I don't mind!
Just don't know how to do it from my phone. ..if you tell me how, I can, if not I will tomorrow from computer!
Quoting la_bella_vita:

My children never used binky's here is a bump! I love your avatar, do you have a recent picture of your triplets to share (if you would like to that is?)

Hopen
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Wow! Sorry you are having such a hard time with your angels! :( I hope things turn around soon!

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Out of all my kids, my 10 month old boy and 7 year old girl are the only ones that ever used a pacifier. The baby has issues with sucking so I highly doubt we will be getting rid of it any time soon. He can suck on a pacifier but can't drink out of a bottle or cup :(

My 7 year old girl still sucks on one, we are in the process of adopting her and she has some major anxiety issues. We had her pretty much off of it other then when she was sleeping but due to being sick and being put in the hospital a couple of weeks ago she has had a few setbacks and we are having to start over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)