Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Binky Battles!

Posted by   + Show Post
So the triplets are 16 months old. At their 15 month check up, the Dr implied it might be easier to get away from them now than 18 months. So, the 2 that take them have not had them since Sunday. They are a little on the fussy side, but not unbearable! Both will fall asleep without it, but my son is now taking shorter naps and waking up earlier... 2 mornings in a row at about 6! *Yawn* Will this continue or will he readjust? Boy, did I want to give him one this morning and go lay back down!

Opinions? Advice?
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Replies (11-15):
ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:48 PM

my twins take one only at naps/bed time....caydance spits hers out when she is out cold....brooke will keeps her in all night long, i just tried to take it from her, and she has a death grip on it. 

tell them the paci fairy is coming.....exchange the paci with a treat.

Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:00 AM
It took my dd 3 days to get over giving up her paci and few weeks after she gave up the bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

We were not planning to wean until 12 months, but he just stopped taking/needing it on his own.  He was chewing on the side of it (we had a soothie) rather than sucking, so we thought this would be a better option for him.  Little guy now has 6 teeth...GOOD LUCK!

Quoting Hopen: I think I have a plan a

s he was letting me lay them down to sleep without it, then waking up earlier than normal.. so this morning when he started crying, I went in and gave it to him. He quieted and went back to sleep! I'll take a few hours out of the day! We never worried about them sucking a binky through the night as it helps protect against sids. We started weening them off the binky to sleepy time only at 12 months per my pediatrician.

Thank you for the link with your suggestion!

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

We would always go in before we went to bed to check on him and would take the paci out (which had fallen out of his mouth at that point) so he couldn't get it in the morning.  We had been using it just for sleep for awhile. 

Keeping it in his mouth all night can really damage his teeth.

Could you try giving him a substitute that he can't keep in his mouth all night? 

We use this:  http://www.diapers.com/p/vulli-sophie-the-giraffe-2-vanilla-teething-rings-83851?site=CA&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=NC-024&utm_campaign=shopping&CA_6C15C=1338302891

And that we do let him keep in the crib all night so he can have it in the morning.  He can use the toy only in the crib and the carseat. 

Quoting Hopen: I'm not sure. He goes to bed with it and when I go to get him he's got it. Could have found it through the night.
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Was he sucking on it all night?  Eek!  Mine would spit his out as soon as he fell asleep.

Good luck and sorry I don't have any suggestions.  Mine weaned himself at 6 months.

Hopen
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Quoting ABCMomma0211:

my twins take one only at naps/bed time....caydance spits hers out when she is out cold....brooke will keeps her in all night long, i just tried to take it from her, and she has a death grip on it. 

tell them the paci fairy is coming.....exchange the paci with a treat.

They are too young to understand all of that. :) They are a little behind for their actual age. They were born at 29 weeks, so the pediatrician and p.t. keep reminding me of their "corrected" age. Which drives me nuts, but sometimes I have to go with that.if born on time they would only be 13 months instead of 16 months. My youngest is in 6 month jammies and the middle is in 9 month, my son is in 12 month. :) A little too young to understand binky fairy or my sil had a fire and her daughter threw them in, then they had a party with cake and gifts...lol
blapier
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Eh dd gave hers up at 2 IMO the paci is a lot easier to take away than a thumb lol. Dd wouldn't even suck on it much she mostly just held on to it. she would even hide some and find them later lol. I finally told her that other babies needed them so we put it in the mail box (I went out later and threw it away) she asked for it a couple times but now when she sees a paci she says mommy pacis are for babies lol. I hope it gets better mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)