Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I noticed this starting on another post, so I thought I would highlight it.  Could be interesting.

What kind of birth control do you use (or have you used)?  What do you like about it?  What do you not like about it?  Ever been on anything that failed and if so what?

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Replies (31-36):
bamamommy2009
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I have used Depo(used for many years) , the pill(used I think for a year) and the mini pill- I suggest mini pill when breast feeding but from switching from depo to the mini pill I concieved and then misscarried so I do not plan to use them again.

I have tried the Implanon, however I had a bad allergic reaction and can not use that or Merania and it took over 1.5 to get pregnant.

Once we have our third baby this fall we are planning to have my husband fixed so I do not plan to use birthcontrol anymore

kysmama08
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I was always on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo (hated it), then I got pregnant and was then getting the shot, lvoed the shot! We decided to have another baby and after she was born went on the shot again thinknig it'd be the same results and I hated everything about it. I was trying to lose the baby weight and kept gaining weight. I'm now on Tri-Previfam and it's alright I guess

Ecookson08
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I got the mirena iud last August. I like it because I don't have to think about it.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I haven't been on birth control in years actually. I started when I was a teenager due irregular periods. I think I stopped taking it in my mid 20's. I have no plans to get back on birth control and we are trying for #2.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Been on pretty much everything that failed! lol! We just went ahead and had kids and then DH got a vasectomy. It has been great! No worry, no muss, no fuss! 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM
I went on the pill at 18 right before I got married and had SEVERE reaction to it. I was on it for maybe 7-8 months and had to stop. I then got pregnant. I've used condoms and diaphragm since. After my dd was born 2.5 years ago, I attempted to have the Essure procedure done. It didn't work because my uterus was/is tilted and they couldn't see my Fallopian tubes. I'm pregnant with baby #4 now and due April 1. After this baby is born, I will be gettin my tubes cut, burned and a section taken out so no more babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN