Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

warning: baby poop picture! please help!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

My 15 month old (12 adjusted) has had super bad, watery diarrhea for the past 72 hours or so, no other noticable symptoms. The past few diapers have tons and tons of little black stringy worm looking things (even in this picture where its a more solid poop, for the first time in 3 days).... Its starting to freak me out a little. Does anyone have any thoughts?
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilostmy_keys
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM

my pedi has always told me that white poo is an immediate er trip. idk why but that's what he tells me. this looks white to me.

Stevensmomma
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Is the baby eating anything differnt to make him sick? 

It looks like I digested spinach to me ( I am sure that's not what it is though)

i would be call the dr and seeing what they say 

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Its like a light green/yellow.... Prob just bad lighting

Quoting ilostmy_keys:

my pedi has always told me that white poo is an immediate er trip. idk why but that's what he tells me. this looks white to me.

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM
He hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary, he has a pretty bland diet because he has texture issues from being premature... That's why I can't figure out what in the world it is! I called the doc about his diarrhea yesterday and they weren't concerned :/

Quoting Stevensmomma:

It looks like I digested spinach to me ( I am sure that's not what it is though)

Stevensmomma
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Do you have the drs cell ask him if you can send this picture to him 

I have my pedis cell and she has asked on numerous occasions for pictures when I called on the weekend before making a trip too the office and has helped a lot

Quoting MMerrill: He hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary, he has a pretty bland diet because he has texture issues from being premature... That's why I can't figure out what in the world it is! I called the doc about his diarrhea yesterday and they weren't concerned :/

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Mammacra
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Almost looks like raisins my kids had crazy poop similar once because of a bad stomach bug. It was foam like diarrhea
sweetmomma326
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Has your child had a banana recently?  Banana fibers can look like that.

tifbrown
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Looks like something he ate more than likey. The stringy things reminds me of how banana bread looks.

sweetmomma326
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Go here and look at month 8

http://blog.isisparenting.com/12-freaky-things-youll-find-in-your-babys-diaper-during-the-first-year/

Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM

It depends on what he's eaten recently. My dd pooped black a few days ago & it freaked me out but I forgot she ate a bunch of black beans the day before. Bananas can also make poop look weird with white worm looking things in it. I would keep an eye on it & call your pedi if it still looks like that in a few days. It's easy for them to check for parasites. You just have to give them a stool sample.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN