Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How Do You Soothe Your Baby’s Eczema Discomfort?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
  • 117 Replies
2 moms liked this

When it comes to baby eczema, every baby has his or her own way of being soothed. What have you found that works best? 

We gave 25 moms the New Eucerin Baby Eczema product to try at home.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
PhoenixsMommy10
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I've found that this cream is easy to apply and soak into the skin well. Also my son feels soft and moisturized long after we use it.

The rapid therapy cream really works on the rash areas. It dramatically decreases the redness and bumps just overnight.

I plan on continuing the use of these products, because they decrease his breakouts and we're not having to use as much of the steroid cream.
MaryLu86
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I have been using both the Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Crème and the Instant Therapy cream for a week now. Gabriel's eczema has been very severe this winter, and the itching was constant. I really love that the creams don't seem to burn/sting his skin when I apply them! They are not greasy and which is a huge plus. His worst areas are behind his knees and elbows, he also has rough dry skin all over, since I have been using the Eucerin I have noticed a big difference! The eczema behind he knees is completely healed, and the rest of his skin is not rough feeling anymore. I am very happy with the product and will be buying more asap!
kysmama08
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I have been using the Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Cream all over my 6 month old dd's little body and it has made a great improvement and I just started using it Saturday! I love the Instant Therapy Creme for the flare ups she gets on her face. I live in PA and we have been experiencing frigid weather. I noticed it cleared up her little red cheeks over night. I like the fact that it's not greasy feeling on her skin either, I've tried other products and it felt like she was going to slip out of my hands. For only using the products a couple days, her skin already looks and feels better!

Stevensmomma
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Crème and the Instant Therapy cream have been really nice I enjoy the fact that they are not greasey on my baby's skin. 

Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Crème and Instant Therapy Crème eased my baby's eczema discomfort you can see he stopped scratching his skin especially on his legs they are silky soft.

I applied both creams over my baby's entire body and I saw the most improvemnt on his face and his legs.

I used the instant therapy mainly for his face and saw improvement on his face just after the first day of using it. I used the body cream all over his body and was most improved on his legs they almost cleared up completely and are soft as baby's skin should be , which is really nice to have on a bad eczema skin baby.

Join us in the smarter living group

myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Mobile Photo

We used both products on our 1 year old the day they came in the mail. I put the instant therapy creme on his face, which is his worst flare up area. It was warm out that day so he wasn't too bad. Today, however, it's been about 30 degrees and windy. His face didn't flare up nearly as bad as it did before I used the creme. We also used the body creme after baths. He had no flare ups on his arms or legs like he usually does either. It's hard to tell how much it helps with discomfort since he's so young, but he's rubbing his face a lot less. After having eucerin on his whole body for 2 days I see a lot less redness. Cold days like this normally flare him up the second we step outside. So far I like these products more than what we've been using. They aren't greasy at all, and I'm seeing instant results.
clairewait
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I've tried Eucerin Instant Therapy Relief on my son's face in a red and dry area. It was cleared up by morning.

I also used Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Cream. I like that it doesn't smell, but in just a few days I haven't noticed any major difference in anything to be honest. It seems to be about as good as any other baby lotion. I'll keep trying and see. I feel like it is a little thick and takes a while to soak in, so I usually apply before bed and then cover him with his jammies, hoping to hold the moisture in. It wouldn't be something I'd use all day or in the morning for fear it would just rub off on all my furniture, you know?

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

ScrChk23
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Wonderful!!!! My little man is less fussy and his skin is very soft.
kysmama08
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I have been using the Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Cream all over my 6 month old dd's little body and it has made a great improvement and I just started using it Saturday! I love the Instant Therapy Creme for the flare ups she gets on her face. I live in PA and we have been experiencing frigid weather. I noticed it cleared up her little red cheeks over night. I like the fact that it's not greasy feeling on her skin either, I've tried other products and it felt like she was going to slip out of my hands. For only using the products a couple days, her skin already looks and feels better!

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM
We have the Eucerin products last night. I noticed my son has hives all over his stomach today. I'm not sure if it is from the cream or not as it is only on his stomach. I applied the cream everywhere excluding his hands, face, and diaper area. I am going to contact his physician to see what could have caused this. For now we will not be applying it again.
ScrChk23
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I love how smooth the lotion and cream go on.  They work their way into the skin easily and leave it very soft to touch.  It is not greasy like I expected.  If I could get him to sit still long enbough for a good pic, I will share it.  :)

Trini
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:58 AM

I haven't used the creams on my baby yet , but I used the Eucerin eczema relief body cream on my oldest ds and he slept so well last night. When he has flares it's usually on his back and it keeps him up when it so irritated . I also used the instant relief on my dd and it made her skin feel moisturized without being greasy. 

tlu92
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I love both of these creams! I rubbed them on my son and I have saw less itching from him. I really like That there isnt a scent and Its light and not greasy!
hapababies
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Before ^^^^^^

After ^^^^^

I used Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief lotion on my 2 year old's eczema.  There was one particular spot that was particulary itchy, had bumps, and a patch of dark, dried skin. After a few days of use, the dark patch of skin disapeared and he was itching it much less. The bumps are still present though. He had a couple of other eczema areas on his legs and those also healed. 

I would rub the lotion on my hands after I would take care of DS, and I noticed my dry hands were improving.  The only negative that I experienced with these creams was that it did sting a litte where my hands are cracked.  So I would caution moms against using it where your child would have open skin that has been scratched open. 

Otherwise, my opinion of this product is positive and I would buy it again next winter when Eczema rears its itchy head again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)