Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm worried it's going to get infected

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 4 Replies

So my 4 month old who is breastfed spits up a lot. It's been getting a lot better lately. Sometimes when he spits up it goes behind his ears. I always try to wipe it and keep that area dry. Well last night when I went to give him a bath I noticed behind his left ear there's an area that's raw and has some of the clear liquid stuff you get when your body is trying to heal that area. The problem is my little one has a really deep indent there behind that ear and there's no way for any air to get to that area. I'm worried it's going to get infected. Is there anything I can do to help it heal?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emkirkley
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Put some antibiotic ointment and aquafor on it to protect it
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM

This. And try to wipe up any spit up as soon as it happens. Don't feel bad though, it's common. My niece had this problem but it was between neck rolls.

Quoting emkirkley: Put some antibiotic ointment and aquafor on it to protect it

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:17 PM
You can express some milk and put it back there to help heal it. Hand express a small amount and either drip it on with clean fingers or get a medicine dropper to put a few drops on it. Do this every 3-4 hours and it should heal up within a day or two.
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Quoting Junebaby18: You can express some milk and put it back there to help heal it. Hand express a small amount and either drip it on with clean fingers or get a medicine dropper to put a few drops on it. Do this every 3-4 hours and it should heal up within a day or two.

Great advice : )  I agree with this mom

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

happy valentine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)