Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter will not eat meat,

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 22 Replies
What can I do for my daughter to eat more meat. I noticed no matter what I do she chews it and holds it in her mouth and I have to make her spit it in my hands or I have to take it out her mouth. She loves veggies it's just meat. I don't want to force her b/c I know they go threw a picky/don't want it stage but geesh. Any tips
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM
How old is she? There are other was to get protein if she really doesn't like it.
blapier
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
my dd was the same way. Depending on age you can try eggs. Dd loved them.
bianca727
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
She is 19months

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: How old is she? There are other was to get protein if she really doesn't like it.
bianca727
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM
No matter what I do she will frown her face, hold her mouth real tight and shake her head and scream and cry

Quoting blapier: my dd was the same way. Depending on age you can try eggs. Dd loved them.
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd is the same she is 23 months! She just chews it up and spits it out! I got desperate once and blended it into her mashed potatoes....but it's not a good habit....they need to learn to eat meat, right? She will eat egg though....and tofu. I will just keep offering her the meat ..maybe one day she will eat it. Good luck!

LalaWiley
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM

My daughter will not eat any other meat than chicken.  And even then it has to be cooked a certain way. I never tried to force her. I offer her other meats but if she doesn't eat them, its no big deal. I just always make other proteins. She is 3 now and she has always been like that. 

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Is it all meat? Beef, chicken, pork? If she is eating the veggies i don't think I would push it to much. She is eating. It could be a phase, or she could just not like the texture/taste.

Quoting bianca727: She is 19months

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: How old is she? There are other was to get protein if she really doesn't like it.
Koux
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Just keep offering, it's okay if she doesn't like it yet. Just make sure she gets protein from other sources in the meantime. Have you tried a variety of meat? Maybe try a very tender roast, shredded pork/chicken, or something similar that is very soft and easy to chew. A steak or grilled chicken will be more frustrating for her.
armyvet06
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
What i did when my dd was that age was just put a few pieces of meat on her plate. If she ate great. If not, no big deal. I only put about 3-4 tiny pieces so she wouldn't waste any food. I still have to do that now and she is 3.
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest doesn't really like meat. I never pushed it. We don't have to eat meat. I just found other ways to make sure she gets protein. Know that she is older she will eat a bit more but when it comes to red meat she really doesn't eat much of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)