Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old was your baby the first night they spent away from you?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 41 Replies

If baby has not slept away from you yet, what age do you think you will be comfortable with that?

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

happy valentine

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM
First was 14 months. Second is 14 months and still
Hasn't. He will when I have this baby though in October.
myempyreofdirt
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM
He was 7 weeks old and stayed the night with my mil. She lives just a few blocks from us.
JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Not before a year old.

Butterfly_xo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Um, I wouldn't say he slept away from us the whole night because we eventually came back but he was 11 months. I thought he was younger but I remember it being around my birthday because dh took me out.

Jenn8604
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:42 AM
He hasn't stayed the night away from me and he's 5 yrs. But I worked midnights and was gone and not with him at night starting when he was 7 wks til 2.5 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam_ann
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:44 AM
My daughter was 5 months. I had to be away from her for a week because I had to do radiation for my thyroid cancer.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Nicolai has never slept away from me and he's 2.5. At this age I would be comfortable with it, if there was a reason for it and depending of course on who he was meant to stay with.

Melodee0119
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:07 AM
My dd was about 9 months but I was only ok with it because it was my mom. She is 6 now and sleeps over at grandmas all the time but only slept at a cousins once without me. The hardest was when she was about 3 and she stayed a couple nights with my mom because dh and I went on a business trip far away
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM
My dd is only 9 months. I do jot see her sleeping away from me any time soon. And when she does it will only be at my moms
emkirkley
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM
First was 10 months, with my parents, I was out of town for a college choir performance
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)