Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help he is so clingy

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have had two boys before him and none of them were this clingy. As mush i love the mama boy he is, its getting frustrating.
Vincent is 5months old now, and since 2months old this boy has been nothing but attached to me. He wont even let his father hold him unless i am in sight, if he cant see me he will scream. Someone familier comes and talks he will scream until i pick him up, then they can talk to him and he will finally go by them as long as i am in sight. He wont eat anything unless its fed by me. He went almost a whole day without eating when my mom watched him. When i clean i have to strap him on me as like i said he wont let dh hold or play with him.
Only time away from him i get is nap and bed.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Sling, wrap or carrier.

Taylorzoe
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Some babies just need that secure feeling. That's how my son was now (13months) when he's hurt or scared he wants me to hold him but most of the time he's exploring and trying to walk. Also maybe dad isn't interactin with him the way he wants try to get him to mimic you and play games together with him he will eventually. If its the comfort of your smell try wearing one of his fathers shirts of sweaters it will get him to adjust to the feeling that "dad can comfort too".
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Sling, wrap or carrier

abra
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:20 PM

yikes! When my babies became clingly for more then a week or so, we'd start helping them by having dad hold baby with me standing there. They are ok, they are safe, they are loved, a little crying won't kill them -- but you can't make your whole world revolve around them. They need to be content being held by dad (or a trusted sitter) so you can get a shower in, go on a date with your hubby, and do grocery shopping. Indulging their desire to be held all the time, ultimately, will make life harder them and you. Do yourself and your baby a favor and help him realize it is not the end of the world when mommy can't hold him 24/7. 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Honestly, my son has been like that since two weeks. My daughter just wanted to be held and never cared by who, and was fine with going to her daddy. But my son only wants me at all times. He also hates the wrap I've been putting him in because he also hates swaddling, so I'm going to have to break out my other carriers. 

My daughter loved the swing, but the swing and bouncer are a total waste on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)