Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't decide which baby carrier (wrap/sling) to buy :/ PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

I want something I can use from the beginning since we already 2 kids under the age of 5 at home and it'd be nice to have my hands. I also plan to breastfeed so I'd like to be able to breastfeed in it.

We used a simple ring sling called Jellybean with our first but as she got to be a year old it got a little too snug on her legs and rode too high on us.

We loved it while it fit though.

I'm dead set against getting a Moby or similar wrap because (1) I live in Texas and all that fabric looks like it will be extremely hot this summer (read: from May to September) (2) I'm not skinny and I carry most of my weight through my tummy..it just seems like I would feel like I was wearing a really snug, unflattering shirt. (3) It looks like getting the hang of it would be hard to do

I don't like the tail that happens on adjustable ring sling and neither does DH. Idk, we're looking for something that will work well from newborn and we both like. I think maybe we're just being too picky.

Suggestions?

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katie3621
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I know you said no moby, but I love mine. It only took 3 try's and I got the hang of it. My dd loves it, she's 3 months and I've used it since day 1. It's great for going and and using it at home while I'm cleaning and she wants to be held.
amanda_mom89
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

It just looks so hot. So much material. That's my biggest hangup with it. I think I'm gonna try the K'tan. I don't have to do the wrapping myself and it looks like it would be less material. We wore our first in a sling and I loved keeping her close and having my hands free. :)

Quoting Katie3621: I know you said no moby, but I love mine. It only took 3 try's and I got the hang of it. My dd loves it, she's 3 months and I've used it since day 1. It's great for going and and using it at home while I'm cleaning and she wants to be held.

MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a Moby they work great, they do get hot though.

I also have a mei tai by baby hawk and I absolutely love it, they are pricey but worth it imo and they come in larger sizes if needed.

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:29 AM
My Moby is ok when their smaller, once my babies hit about 16lbs they stretch too much. I have a Mei Tai this time and love it. I have back carried my 30lb 3 year old in it. It does get warm in it though.
AMCMSM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM

I hated my Moby. It was too hot and I'm in Oregon. I have a regular sling left over from DD1 a slingling that I really like and can nurse in. I also love love my Babyhawk carrier.

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:53 AM
We never used one. But my cousin uses a Tula and you can breast feed in it I believe. They are very expensive though.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I know a lot of people hate Moby but I loved it.

rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I love my wrap and I am plus size too.
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a k'tan and i love it! Never tried breastfeeding in it though. If you get a k'tan try the breeze, it's supposed to be more breathable.

some stores rent carriers or have a display out where you can try different carriers.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM
What about a boba air? I have a kozy meitai that ssh and I both like and find cooler than either wrap I owned and probably cooler than my regular boba
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)