Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Does your baby sleep with a blanket?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM
  • 20 Replies
My son is 12 months old. After he falls asleep I go in and cover him with a blanket (tucked under his mattress). It is NEVER on him in the morning or when he wakes up during the night. I have thought about not using one but it feels wrong. It doesn't feel right to leave him uncovered. We keep our thermostat at 74 degrees and he wears a footed sleeper so I know he would be warm enough. I'm sure it's a psychological thing but I just can't do it! Does your baby use a blanket?
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Yep. They've all used blankets from birth. My two older have to get fixed before I go to bed because they move on top of the blankets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMeof2
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

My 12 month old daughter got a Disney Princess Fleece Throw Blanket for her birthday and she loves how it feels and will sleep with that one all night. My almost 4 year old is like ur son. I try to put a blanket on him and he will take it off and not want to use it all night. He does like the feel of my daughters blanket, so we got him a Ninja Turtles one for his bday on the 18th. I'm hoping that will work.

alandou
by April on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM

My dd never liked to have a blanket or a pillow with her. It wasn't until she was 3 years old that she started using them when she got her on full size bed. I always kept her in footie sleepers in the colder months so she'd stay warm. 

waytomanykids10
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Yes, from birth. Our house gets way to chilly for them not to.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Mine used light blankets about 7 months, heavier at over a year...we keep our house cool but they hated sleep sacks and footed sleepers

Quoting KarenM42: My son is 12 months old. After he falls asleep I go in and cover him with a blanket (tucked under his mattress). It is NEVER on him in the morning or when he wakes up during the night. I have thought about not using one but it feels wrong. It doesn't feel right to leave him uncovered. We keep our thermostat at 74 degrees and he wears a footed sleeper so I know he would be warm enough. I'm sure it's a psychological thing but I just can't do it! Does your baby use a blanket?
kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Yes, both do.  My oldest, almost 19 months, loves his blankets.  My youngest, 3 months is in a sleep sack so doesn't really use one too much, but I usually try to cover his feet. 

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM

No.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Yes, but we cosleep and she just shares mine.

mom2thebestkid
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM

They never did until now, they use little receiving blankets.

furbabymum
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Yes, from birth. Both of them. Several even during the winter months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN