Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural anxiety relief while pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

First off I would like to say that therapy and breathing exercises do not work for me.  I am looking to have another child one day and do not want to be on anti anxiety med's.  I was wondering if anyone has tried herbs or homeopathic med's while pregnant?  Did they work for your anxiety?  Where there side affects at all?  Did you have to try a few before you found one that worked?  Did it take time to work?  Any suggestions or advice would be great.  The kind I have I can not just calm myself or talk my self through it.  They come in cycles one about every 5 minutes till we can stop them.  Thanks to anyone who replies.

For those who will ask yes I am working with a doctor.

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM

make sure you are getting enough magnesium in your diet, make sure you are getting enough exercise and vitamin D as well, all those things can contribute to us not being able to moderate our nervous systems.  Make sure you take a fish oil supplement too, again, helps moderate the nervous system. 

I know there are some homeopathy sites that will tell you what herbs are safe for pregnant and nursing mothers, so you might search for those.

seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Thank you I will do those.  I tried looking for some web pages but had no luck.

Quoting emkirkley:

make sure you are getting enough magnesium in your diet, make sure you are getting enough exercise and vitamin D as well, all those things can contribute to us not being able to moderate our nervous systems.  Make sure you take a fish oil supplement too, again, helps moderate the nervous system. 

I know there are some homeopathy sites that will tell you what herbs are safe for pregnant and nursing mothers, so you might search for those.

ParanormalSarah
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Chamomile, Lavender Teas - reduce caffiene from diet, drink lots of water, Peppermint oil under the nose and RESCUE REMEDY spray from BACH.  All helped.

abra
by Abra on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hmm, do you know what is causing the anxiety? Is it hormones or is something going on?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Chamomile tea, lavender and music help me GREATLY.

seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I have many health issues and with those issues some of the symptoms is anxiety.

Quoting abra:

Hmm, do you know what is causing the anxiety? Is it hormones or is something going on?

seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM

BUMP!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Have you tried essential oils? Lavender for calming and lemon for the anxiety.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)