Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
I just had a little boy yesterday and I have bfed in the past but I cant remember how long it takes to establish a good supply. Right now my boobs just hurt so bad even my shirt weight onthem is miserable! When does it end??? LOl
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
abra
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Congratulations on your son!!! Yeah, the pain in the beginning is really lame sauce. My milk usually came in between 24 and 36 hours after giving birth and it took about a week to get a pattern established for my supply.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM

First off congrats!! For me it took a little bit so they had me pump for 5 minutes before and 5 minutes every feeding to help build up my supply and it worked wonders.

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Congratulations on your new son and welcome to the babies group! It always took me 48 hours or so to get my milk supply. Just keep nursing so your body will know to keep making milk : ) There is also a breastfeeding group on CM that is wonderful

angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I don't have any advice, but wanted to say welcome and congratulations on your baby!

craigsmommy07
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM

It takes up to 3 to 4 days tops.  Are you having a lot of swelling?  I had a lot of pain and swelling when I first started with each baby.  Cabbage leaves helped as well as a good electric breast pump when needed.  Cold bag of frozen veggies for 5 minute intervals helped too.  The breastfeeding group here is great and very helpful. 

ramalamasp
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM

It can take up to a week to establish supply. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)