Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Thoughts on having a second child

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 30 Replies

Hi mommies! I have a 16 month old daughter and my husband and I have been seriously thinking on having a second. I want some completely honest opinions from some of you mommies out there that have more than one. There is no right or wrong answer and I don't want to cause a debate. I am simply interested in some input from mommies who have more than one child...if you could go back in time, would you only have one? Are you so glad you had more than one and if so, what are your reasons? What do you find are the most benefits/challenges of having more than one? I figured it would be neat to check with the experts out there that have more than one! I look forward to your replies :) :)

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I have always wanted a big family. I have three girls and can't wait to have at least one more.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I am very happy with my three. They're four, two and two months old. I wanted multiple children. I was an only child for many years and it was boring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I would never choose to have an only child I have 3 and am very happy with that number.  I think anytime you add a new member to the family there is a learning curve but eventually you figure it out with the new addition and it because routine and easy.   

m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I think its beautiful to have siblings.i have two and i love it. The only challenge is the older one gets jelous of the baby.
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I have two. I would NOT change a thing. The age spacing and everything has worked amazingly.
stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I just gave birth to our 10th child 8 days ago (all 10 ours together) she made it even, 5 girls and 5 boys.. I am happy with our decision to have a large family.. we have decided we want 1 more.our closest 2 are our 6th and 7th.. Mason was only 2 months old when I got pregnant with Alyssa..they are 1 day off from being exactly 11 months apart.. Mason was born October 20th, 2008 and Alyssa was born September 21st 2009.
Becka8707
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM
I have 2 kids, they are 6 years apart. i would change how far apart they are as they will not "grow up together" but before I had my daughter I couldnt imagine another baby, but now I wouldnt change having her for the world. It is hard, and there is some jealousy, but there is a lot of love and having them both makes me feel more complete
briellesmomma
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister and I are 11 months apart lol. Feb 5 and March 2. We're both 28 until I turn 29 in March.

Quoting stacy2607: I just gave birth to our 10th child 8 days ago (all 10 ours together) she made it even, 5 girls and 5 boys.. I am happy with our decision to have a large family.. we have decided we want 1 more.our closest 2 are our 6th and 7th.. Mason was only 2 months old when I got pregnant with Alyssa..they are 1 day off from being exactly 11 months apart.. Mason was born October 20th, 2008 and Alyssa was born September 21st 2009.
briellesmomma
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM
OP ask me when I have the twins lol. They will be my 2nd and 3rd.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM
We are pregnant with number 3. I was happy to only have one. Don't regret my kids though .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN