Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

i dont want to be a human pacifier! UPDATE!!! YAY!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 85 Replies
My almost 8 month old daughter will no longer take a pacifier to sleep, and has recently decided to make me her human pacifier. At night this not a problem, but during the day the only way she will sleep is while nursing. Once she is asleep, I unlatch her and put her down, she wakes up in 10 minutes. If I let her stay latched she will sleep for an hour or more... she hates the carriers, and I need to get things done. I reserve naptime for cleaning and laundry, but I havent been able to get much done for about 2 weeks. Please help me as it is causing problems in my relationships at home and I dont know what to do!!a

Update: thanks to the suggestion of some family and ladies on here Lacie was able to sleep for about 2 hours this morning!! What we did was stop by a playground after dropping my oldest off at school and playex a little bit, came back ate a nice breakfast of apples, Strawberries and bananas and milk then when it was time to sleep I turned the noise machine and she fell asleep so peacefully and stayed asleep!! After she woke up, she was still a happy camper and I was able to clean for almost 3 and 1/2 hours straight. Should make for a much happier home tonight. thank you to all the ladies gave me advice, or just comfort because I am not the only one!!
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Are you against allowing her to cry when all her needs are met and she is just angry at you for not holding her?
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Causing problems in your relationships? How?

That asked... it's probably a phase. Just keep doing your normal routine and put her down and deal with her waking up. Letting her cry would be cruel.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I have found that all my babies do this for a period of time around 8-10 months. It's a phase and will only last a short time (usually, lol).

How is it affecting your relationships?
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I agree, how is it affecting your relationship?  You are not a human pacifier, pacifiers were created to replace Mom.  Not the other way around.

My daughter started doing that around 8 months, but she now (at 11 months old) will let me lay her down, but  I have to wait 20-30 min so that she is deeply asleep before I can try.

Becka8707
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I do not leave her to cry. When it's nap time I feed her and cuddle her and love her and then put her down, however she will not go to sleep unless she is in my arms this is at night or during the day.but when she falls asleep during the day and I put her down she wakes up within 10 minutes.

Quoting abra: Are you against allowing her to cry when all her needs are met and she is just angry at you for not holding her?
VinVanMom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Do you have a vibrating swing she can lay in? Or a sound machine with a heartbeat ?

Becka8707
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I agree that letting her cry would be cruel I don't do that. Besides it would break my heart. It is affecting my relationships in that we live with my mom, and the backup in the cleaning is making her unhappy which in turn makes everyone else unhappy as well... so as long as I am unable to clean and do what I need to do this is affecting our relationships in the house. also with her last nap of the day, I usually spend time with my older son just me and him. And with me having to stay attached to the baby it makes it impossible to play just me and him. I hope that this is a phase

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Causing problems in your relationships? How?

That asked... it's probably a phase. Just keep doing your normal routine and put her down and deal with her waking up. Letting her cry would be cruel.

Becka8707
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I hope that this is a phase that will last a short time. It's affecting my relationships because there's a backup in the cleaning which gives everyone unhappy, and I'm not able to spend the same one on one time with my older son.

Quoting YzmaRocks: I have found that all my babies do this for a period of time around 8-10 months. It's a phase and will only last a short time (usually, lol).

How is it affecting your relationships?
Becka8707
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I'm hoping that this is just a phase and that it will be over soon. It's affecting my relationship because of the back up in the housework that needs to be done and I don't have one on one time with my 6 year old, and that is causing a big problem for him.
I think of pacifiers as something to help babies satisfy their urge to suck but not to eat. And in this regard I am replacing the paci...

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I agree, how is it affecting your relationship?  You are not a human pacifier, pacifiers were created to replace Mom.  Not the other way around.My daughter started doing that around 8 months, but she now (at 11 months old) will let me lay her down, but  I have to wait 20-30 min so that she is deeply asleep before I can try.

Becka8707
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Her swing doesnt have a vibrate mode and she weighs so much it doesnt swing with her in it anymore. A sound machine, no i dont have one, would it help with me laying her down?

Quoting VinVanMom:

Do you have a vibrating swing she can lay in? Or a sound machine with a heartbeat ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)