Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

9 Months post pregnancy and having health and physical problems seeking advice and support

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

I had a really hard pregnancy, and a really hard labor and delivery.  My son is now almost 9 months old and I am experiencing "baby blues" bouts of depression, anxiety, highs and lows of emotion, low sex drive, fatique, insomnia, night sweats, sometimes Im freezing for no apperent reason.  Muscle tension and weakness in my back, arms, legs and wrists, and stomach issues as well.

Just wondering if any other moms out there went through any similar situations and how did you handle them and how were your results.

Im getting desperate and just want to feel like myself again and be able to enjoy these wonderful first steps with my son.

Thanks! :)

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to your doctor about PPD?  Have you had your thyroid checked?

angelchewning
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Are you breast feeding by chance?
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
I have experienced some of that, but not all. Have you maybe tried talking to your doctor?

I hope your able to get some help, hang in there mama :)
MonaH9574
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:29 AM
I would definitely talk to your physician as soon as possible. There could be a number of things going on like thyroid and hormone imbalances. Things that can easily be fixed and having you feeling good again. I had a lot of complications with my pregnancy but I already knew before hand I had hypothyroidism. Pregnancy just intensified it all. Plus I developed coliostasis. A few months after having my son I was diagnosed with stones and had emergency gallbladder surgery. Things are finally starting to get back to normal. Openly talking to your doctor will allow them to determine what tests they want to start with. Hope you get answers and treatment started soon so you can feel better.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I would talk to your doctor as soon as possible.

Shmil055
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Talk to your doctor, typically baby blues only last about 2 weeks. I had those pretty bad, if someone asked how I was doing I just burst into tears, but it went away about 10 days after he was born.
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM

You should really make an appointment to see your doctor. Any "baby blues" that last past 6 months need to be followed up with your doctor.

Your mind and body have been through a lot in the last year and a half.  There's no shame in just talking to your doc about how you're feeling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)