Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Starting new things............ what do we do?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter just turned one so today we started the whole milk I have formula open up so we are mixing it in with that to help transition her but I think we are up at 2 am because her stomach hurts what can we do?  Should I stop whole milk and try again later?  Only gave her an ounce of whole milk to 8 ounces of formula so maybe give it time.  I am just wondering.  

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I'm not sure but here is a bump. Did she have anything else yesterday that was new to her diet? Any diarrhea, vomiting or constipation?

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I agree - has she tried any new foods? Has she always drank 8 oz? My daughter is the same age but she have never drank 8 oz. She only gets 6 oz.

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well!!

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Did you add formula scoops to the milk, or mix the formula with water like normal and then add milk to make up the ounce? The second way is correct in case that is not what you did. I really don't think it is the milk that is causing her to be awake. Is there a chance she is teething, going through a growth spurt, gassy , or thirsty?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM

If she's on a cow's milk formula?  If so, then she probably sin't having trouble digesting the milk.  If you have her on something like Nutramigen, then she might have a sensativity.

I think you might want to do a little more fact finding before just totally taking her off the milk. Make sure something else wasn't bothering her like teeth, ears etc. Good luck.

becca5178
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:38 PM

She is teething and this so it is hard to tell.  I do it the second way because of that what pediatrician told me to do it.  

Quoting rwebb11: Did you add formula scoops to the milk, or mix the formula with water like normal and then add milk to make up the ounce? The second way is correct in case that is not what you did. I really don't think it is the milk that is causing her to be awake. Is there a chance she is teething, going through a growth spurt, gassy , or thirsty?

becca5178
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Nope to all.  

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I'm not sure but here is a bump. Did she have anything else yesterday that was new to her diet? Any diarrhea, vomiting or constipation?

becca5178
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM

She is on a soy based formula.  She is working on 6 more teeth coming in and pediatrician knows. 

Quoting iansmommy9:

If she's on a cow's milk formula?  If so, then she probably sin't having trouble digesting the milk.  If you have her on something like Nutramigen, then she might have a sensativity.

I think you might want to do a little more fact finding before just totally taking her off the milk. Make sure something else wasn't bothering her like teeth, ears etc. Good luck.

becca5178
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Thanks all she has been better today.  I am thinking maybe she just mad because she doesn't like the taste or used to it.  Not to mention she has 6 more teeth coming and working way to breaking gum line.  But she has been much better today.   She has always done 9 ounces of formula since day 1 of life.  That whole 5 ounces only thing never was allowed to happen with her she always has been content with number 9 nothing else.  Even with baby food which she can down 2 jars and the bottle and snacks.  The kid eats more than our first one did at her age.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)