Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Anybody dealing with baby eczema...

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM
  • 35 Replies

After a month of driving myself crazy, trying different lotions, no lotions, different body soap, otameal baths, different laundry detergent I have finally found relief! I saw my pedi on Thursday and she said that only wash the baby once a week with soap (full body) other than that, just wash her bum with SOME soap and use a luke warm wash cloth and to pat her dry. Stop using the cortizone cream and instead use Eucerin baby eczema relief cream after her bath. I was a bit skeptical about using another cream but I figured I would give it a shot and in not even TWO days it's almost completely gone (with the excepption of a few, small patches). No more big dry patches, red bumps all on her belly, shoulders and legs... it's all gone! I feel so much better.

As with most things, I'm sure it was bothering me more than the baby but I just thought I would share in case anybody else is having a similiar problem. That lotion is a TAD on the expensive side (maybe about $10, but the tube is a decent size) but it is DEFINITELY worth the money.

Thank you all for all of the adivce you have given me, I tried it all, even though it wasn't successful, I understad different things work for different kids but this lotion is definitely worth a try if you're having trouble with stubborn eczema.

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Glad it worked for you!

KristinD1988
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Thanks, me too! It was driving me crazy. I just hope that my experience and details will help another mother who may be going the same thing. 

Quoting Turtledoves:

Glad it worked for you!

mumsmusingmind
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for posting this.  We have tried a few different lotions with no success, most make it worse.  We have been using Aquaphor with little results.  It's helping to keep it minimized, but isn't making it go away.  I'm gonna try the lotion.  How often do you apply it?  And how often do you bathe your baby in just water?  We usually bathe every other day (have tried changing the frequency, but no change in eczema).  

New mommy blogger!  Recipies, reviews and life stories.  Follow our journey on becoming a family.  Mumsmusingmind.blogspot.com

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Mobile Photo

We use the eucerin eczema cream too and it has my daughters skin at a medium point. I am going to request an allergy panel to see if its something thats causing it. Its all over her upper torso, arms and a few patches on her legs. This is her skin today.
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Mobile Photo

This is how it started over a month ago. It started on her arms at 2 months of age.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Glad you found something that worked!

hapababies
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Fragrance/parfum triggers my boys eczema. It's found in almost all products, even "natural" ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I am just curious what are you useing for soap? My son has this problem and we use the cream but I noticed the wrong soap will aggrivate it more. 

arizbet22
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Has anyone had any success with goats milk soap or look no x e ma? 

angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Glad you found something that worked! My son never had a problem with eczema. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN