Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Routine-Do you feel they are important?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 51 Replies

Do you think routines are important with babies or do you always go with the flow?

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM

oh i think they are SO important. if i mess with DS schedule to, say, accomodate a visiting relative he lets me know he is not happy with the alteration!!!

not for everything tho...like his naps are scheduled and his bath is scheduled, and we have the same bedtime routine every night. but not things like feeding just yet. hes still very little and nurses on demand.

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM

For babies?  No, for toddlers/school aged? Yes.

But not schedules.  We don't do schedules in this house. 

m0m0f06
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

with newborns, it's "go with the flow" for me.

When they get older though, routine is huge. Schedules, not so much (because they can't tell time anyway for a while). But routines are big. They know what is supposed to follow what...try reading a favorite book and miss a page, they'll let you know!

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
With babies I tend to go with the flow but my older kids have routines. My oldest is autistic and really needs a routine.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Yep, we all function better with a very loose flexible routine/schedule in place. Even the baby to some degree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I do a little of both because things happen.  My toddler likes some routine, no question.  I think it makes it easier for everyone.  

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Not with babies.
hapababies
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
It's easier for me to be on a routine for time management, no matter what age my boys have been. But I'm not strict and inflexible with my routines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have schedules at my house either. But I just have a recently turned 1 year old. That could change in a year or two when baby gets older.

ShelbyMustang93
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:10 PM

My baby has been on a schedule since 3 days old and I think it is the best thing ever, she had to be put on a strick feeding schedule due to weight loss of a pound at 2 days old. She is very good about being flexible about the schedule if we are out and about or away from the house and since she has gained weight I have adjusted the schedule to work with our life :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)