Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Teething tablets or baby Oragel

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM
  • 22 Replies

My daughter is 13 months old, but only has two bottem teeth, since she started teething at age 2 months, but it seems that she does better on the tablets, it just seems that they take longer to kick in, but they last longer. Oragel on the other hand kicks in faster but doesn't last too long, plus I've heard oragel can make a baby's gums harder and can cause a delay in teeth coming through. Mums what do you think.

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I can't stand orajel......it takes forever to kick in, and it lasts for five minutes. 

The tablets kick in right away because they just melt right away, and they last a lot longer. 

mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM

we stop using oragel a while back ... not to scare you or anything, but they had found that in some cases of using it could baby to stop breathing. It was a few years back. I'll see if I can find the article.

We never used tablets before. I've used baltic teething necklace and a slightly frozen wash cloth for my boys.

oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:03 PM
I use orgal and the teething ring. But since my daughter has teeth she keeps some of her food in her mouth cause it feels good on her gums. Also give her some ice cream that aslo works.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I never liked oragel. My daughter loved the teething tablets though and they seemed to work right away for her.

kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Both. Homeopathic oragel and tablets.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Both i like the tablets better.
HisSnowBunny
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I've used both before but I think the tablets are the best and whenever she gets fussy give her a bit of tynenol for the pain. Or freeze those teething rings and give them to her. Those work too. Also a pop cicle would calm her down till the tablets kick in.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

We used baby orajel naturals. My daughter hated the teething necklaces and tablets.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM

We never used either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN